2. eight miles high (falling fast) [Katelena]

Title: eight miles high (falling fast)

Author: moonflowerdamie

Status: Completed

Relationship: Katelena

Summary: When she thinks back, with Yelena still within arm's reach, exclaiming 'Kate Bishop!' in that voice like rough velvet, Kate remembers all the little times Yelena's touched her she's never bothered to notice before. And she doesn't know why now, why a tiny hug has prompted it, but suddenly she's thinking about every time Yelena's helped her up when they've sparred, every pat on the back after a mission, every inconsequential brush of the hand along her shoulder.

Ok, so maybe Yelena is ok with physical touch, but only when it comes to Natasha and...her?

Whoa there, Bishop. It was one hug. Calm the fuck down.

She shakes her head, plasters on a grin. Speaks, for the first time since she felt unfamiliar arms around her.

"Didn't get yourself killed then?" She teases and Yelena cackles, head thrown back.

"Oh, Kate Bishop! Still so funny!" And when Yelena's hand lands on her forearm, Kate decidedly does not overthink it.

Chapters: Oneshot

Words: 16290

Characters:

Kate Bishop

Yelena Belova

Natasha Romanoff

Wanda Maximoff

Clint Barton

Steve Rogers

Bucky Barnes

Peter Parker

Other Marvel characters that are mentioned briefly.

Minor Relationship(s):

Wanda Maximoff/Natasha Romanoff

Steve Rogers/Bucky Barnes

Friendship(s):

Kate Bishop & Peter Parker

Kate Bishop & Bucky Barnes

Kate Bishop & Clint Barton

Warning(s): N/A

My Rating: 10/10

Fav Quote(s):

"It feels like...like stars and mac and cheese and bullseyes."

My Comments/Thoughts: this is no doubt one of my favorite oneshots ever. i'm on the edge of my seat everytime I read this and it never gets old. i reread it all the time.

Website: AO3

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/37876957#main