Chapter 15: Jeju Island

Kwon Boram's POV

"How are you related to that handsome man?" My colleague asked while looking at Seokjin who stood on the other end of the counter, the receiving area, while waiting for his order.

He's been dropping by quite often since he found out where I was working, sometimes to pick me up or sometimes just because he wanted something sweet. I don't understand the logic for the latter because there's literally a lot of cafes in the heart of the city where he can go.

"He's a friend," I said, half-lying and half-meaning it. Although I wouldn't necessarily say that we know each other a lot to be considered as friends, I'm basing it on the comfort that I feel when I'm with him.

"Is he single?" She asked again, and I secretly rolled my eyes while looking at the blender that's currently making his Strawberries and Cream frappe to avoid her eyes.

"Nope," I answered, popping the 'p' sound of the word. Technically, he isn't single because he's in a sugar relationship with me, so I'm not lying.

My colleague groaned in disappointment, making me look at her who had a frown while looking at him. He's currently busy with his phone. He then looked up from the object and met my gazes, a casual smile appearing on his lips.

I nodded at him and returned the smile before looking back at the blender, making sure that the drink was properly blended.

"But I'm not surprised that he isn't. How can someone as godly-looking as him still be single?" She sighed. "Wait, how come he's always here to pick you up? Won't his partner mind?"

I turned off the machine and took out the pitcher of the blender then poured the homogenous mixture in the cup. I gave it to my colleague for her to do the finishing touches, adding the whipped cream and putting on the lid, so that she can also be the one to serve it to him knowing that she would ask me to do the did instead anyway.

"Nah," I said casually and shooed her away, slightly pushing her towards the receiving area. We're close so she didn't mind what I did ㅡ she does it to me sometimes too.

"I'll clock-out now. It's a few minutes past the end of my shift," I said while looking at our digital clock that's placed on the cashier area.

I removed my apron as I went out of the bar and quickly went to the locker room then changed my clothes. I didn't want him to wait any longer so I made it quick.

"Are we going anywhere?" I asked as we walked out of the cafe.

He opened the door of the shotgun seat and I got in.

"I'm visiting your mom and I'll ask her personally to let you come with me for the trip," he answered before closing the door then sitting on the driver's seat.

"What are you going to tell her?" I asked.

"Just trust me on this, princess." He began driving towards my home.

"I suck at lying so you better just tell me what's in your mind. I can't lie unprepared."

"Who says you'll have to lie?" He glanced at me and gave me a confused look.

I shrugged. "Then what are you going to tell my mom if she asks why I needed to come? What would I tell her when she asks what I'll do when I come with you? I mean, I can't just say I'm coming with you because it's our trip together."

"Oh." He clicked his tongue. "Then tell her you're coming with me as a helper. Damn, is your mom that detailed?"

I nodded. "Yeah. She needs the when, where, what, why, and who am I with when I go on trips. I can't just say the when and where." I sighed. "I guess you never went through that."