29. The Capture

Začať od začiatku

"This will help you calm down, girl," she said kindly. "Drink."

My hands were shaking when I brought the cup of tea to my lips and carefully took my first sip. The possibility of this being a poisonous tea crossed my mind. But I'd still drink it. Because being poisoned by this tea, would mean Beckett or Dexter would never be able to hurt me again.

          As the woman had predicted, the tea did help calm me down

As the woman had predicted, the tea did help calm me down. My lungs started filling up with air rather quickly after my first few sips of the warm, bitter taste of the tea.

"I find there's nothing a good cup of myrteloch tea can't fix," the woman hummed as she sat at the table that stood close to the couch.

"Myrteloch?" I asked, my voice still more shaky than I cared to admit.

"It's my favorite herb. It's always had a soothing effect. Although, I suppose you wolves need it in larger proportions. I made your tea extra strong," she explained.

So she was human. Perhaps that explained her kindness. "Thank you," I whispered.

"Don't mention it." She got up from her chair and made her way over to me. "What got you so worked up?"

I shook my head. "I just hadn't expected to see what I saw today," I admitted.

          I stayed with the woman, who I learned was named Ingrid, for a short while

I stayed with the woman, who I learned was named Ingrid, for a short while. When I felt recovered enough, I'd gone back to the Manor. I thanked our Moons to find that the returning party and Dexter were gone already, and I didn't cross them on my way back to the Manor. Though I longed to talk to Lotta.

I realized I didn't know much about her, when I wanted to look for her but I had no idea where to begin. I figured she would find me whenever she wanted to talk with me. If she still wanted to, that was. Who knows what could've changed during her time in Fire Moon.

I decided to wait for her with one of the new books I was reading in the common living area downstairs. I'd been here reading the entire afternoon already, and just I was about to get ready for dinner, Lotta walked in the room.