Chapter Seventeen

We departed the Compound before the party was over.

After almost catching Loki and me, Thor gestured for us to follow him back to the ship parked on the grass outside. Loki and I did as asked, walking behind Thor on the damp grass, the rain had stopped pouring and only drizzled on us in a fine mist. It did wonders to chill my burning skin.

I hadn't spoken or even looked at Loki since Thor had arrived. I planned not to as if Thor might catch me eyeballing Loki and guess what had happened between us or caught the scent hanging off of me.

I felt dirty, not only from what had been done to me but the simple fact that my uncle had gotten on his knees and fucked me with the hilt of his dagger before my father had walked out of an elevator and we had greeted him as if nothing had happened.

What felt the vilest was that I had liked it and had Loki's bloodied handprint imprinted on my panties, his dried blood between my thighs. I didn't want to wash it off just yet.

Before we reached the spaceship, I glanced back to look up at the roof of the Compound where those bodies laid scattered and I swallowed down the bile in my throat. How would we be reprimanded, what would happen to us when someone inevitably went up there to find the mess Loki left? We were saved briefly by the downpour of rain and Loki's emerald storm as people had scattered back inside but how many more hours did we have until we were found out as murderers? Would the palace of New Asgard be stormed? Would agents stalk in and steal us away, arrest us, kill us?

I couldn't focus on anything but my clanging footsteps on the metal gangplank and my daunting thoughts of my capture and Thor's look of horror at finding out the truth. What had I risked, what would I lose? Another chance at life I knew that much. A new life, the only one I had left would be ripped out from beneath me. Because I had gotten drunk and a little adventurous and Loki had thought to play the villainous hero to the princess in distress.

A brief touch caressed my hand and I looked to see Loki walking beside me, his brows pulled together in concern for my shifting gaze and tight lips. I shook my head, not wanting to start with him again. I was exhausted honestly, my head pounded from all that had transpired and all I wished was to slip into bed and sleep. To pretend it had all been a sweet, naughty little nightmare.

I focused my gaze forward and Thor's huge form shifted to showcase the high-tech space. I hadn't been inside a spaceship before and it was exactly as I expected. Neon lighting flashed in strips on the walls, and the cockpit consisted of a multitude of lit-up screens and buttons I had no idea what would do. Thor hammered a few buttons, his shoulders drawn together tensely as he let out a curse and the air whooshed behind me as the gangplank disappeared and the door closed sealing us in.

I didn't bother taking a tour or asking any questions as I felt something shift in the quiet space, a tight string of tension connecting the three of us. The ship hummed and took off and Thor stood with his hands spread out on the cockpit not bothering to talk to either Loki or me who took up seats opposite one another. As I buckled myself in Loki threw his head back and exhaled deeply as his eyes fluttered closed.

Thor turned at the dramatic sound and crossed his arms across his chest, his muscles bulged as did a large vein in his neck as he addressed both his brother and me in a booming blur of words,

'Both of you are consumed with your need to gain my attention.'

Loki did not open his eyes but his lips quirked with a smirk. I swallowed and itched to squirm in my seat as Thor's blue eyes bore into mine as he let out a disappointed huff at finding Loki's gaze unwilling to meet his own.

'Well,' Thor lifted his chin, 'Aren't you going to answer me?'

'No.' I answered merely because I didn't want to have that conversation with Thor and frankly I had no idea if he was talking about the entanglement I was getting caught up in with Loki or the dead bodies rotting in the rain on the roof of the Avengers Compound or seeing his dead mother in Valhalla and finding out that my fate was reliant on entering into a depraved relationship with my uncle.