Chapter Six

The next day I was summoned by Thor without any further explanation. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I couldn't even swallow down my breakfast and had to retie the straps of my dress four times - my hands shook furiously.

I was expecting he knew about what had happened between Loki and myself in my room. Though I tried to convince myself otherwise as a chambermaid led me to another wing of the palace

Had Loki rattled to Thor about being in my rooms? Had he twisted the story, had he said I tried to come onto him? My mind wandered back to last night, though really the images of him over me, touching me never left my mind. My skin still burned with his touch. And I wanted more.

I knew it was wrong. He was Thor's brother and Thor was my biological father. I would have said it was frowned upon, but still I shared no blood with him and he hadn't raised me. He was a stranger.

The chambermaid opened a door and gestured for me to go inside. I thanked her and as the door closed behind me I took in the room.

Mimicking the colour scheme and grandeur of the rest of the palace - the room was scattered with lush furnishings. Two deep red chaise lounges faced one another in the centre of the room, to the left of the room sat floor to ceiling bookcases though sparsely filled and to the right a heavy mahogany desk with intricate golden legs.

It was not Thor standing hunched over the desk but Loki. I froze. His eyes met mine and immediately he frowned.

'What are you doing here?' He asked brusquely.

'Thor called for me.' I said quietly and began to wonder if Loki really was going to tell Thor of our encounter. Though it had been inappropriate it wouldn't happen again. Surely. And Loki hadn't wanted it like I did. He wasn't the one laid half naked upon the bed. I began to wonder if it was all part of an elaborate plan, if he really had wanted me to tell Thor, if this was some kind of fucked up mind game to make me feel vile and flee from the palace.

I wouldn't. Where would I go?

'Right,' he straightened to his full height and crossed his arms over his chest. He was wearing all black again his sleeves pulled up to his forearms and tie loosened. There were dark circles under his eyes and it was then I realised he was in the same clothes as the previous night. Had he not slept or partied through?

'You haven't slept.' It was not a question.

Loki shrugged, 'I've far more important things to do.'

I continued to watch him and moved over to the desk but he held his hand out before him, gesturing me to stop.

'My lack of sleep has nothing to do with you.'

'I wasn't even going to mention last night.' But now the issue had been brought up I was acutely aware of how we were in this room alone. And that the only thing between us was the desk.

Was he thinking the same, did he think I was making my way over him to touch him, to try and seduce him?

'How's your hand?' The abrupt change in subject irritated me. I held out my palm before me to see it unmarked and clean. No evidence of last nights wound.

I closed my palm and dropped my hand back to my side.

'You know what, maybe I do want to talk about what happened.' I said lifting my chin at him defiantly.

'Absolutely not.' He scowled. I moved around the desk to stand beside him and waited for him to face me but he only cast me a sideward glance and ignored me. I didn't believe his contempt.

'Is this all a part of your grand scheme? Return home, repair your relationship with Thor and try to reclaim the throne?'

That did have him turning, 'That is awfully bold of you to assume my return to Asgard - New Asgard - was anything but genuine. I wanted to see my brother I didn't think it possible he would have fathered a child - not so young.'