"In the last few years, I've aged and I can see more clearly. How do they say it in TV dramas? 'It is most important to be happy.' If you like money, go and earn money. If you think money is not so important, go and do something that interests you. I know that you'll surely be reluctant to leave this profession. You wanted to quit your work; is it because of that time I fell ill?"

She interrupted Yu Tu's reply. "Oh you, you must have overthought things. I don't know how you managed to figure things out and go back to that job, but mom wants to tell you, you don't need to think about providing this and that for us. It is enough that you take good care of yourself. We are not old yet. If you still feel that what you do is not good enough, just think of your father's colleague's son."

Yu Tu hesitated for a while. "...Are you talking about that one who lost hundreds of thousands?"

Mrs Yu actually nodded: "Yes."

Yu Tu: "Mom..."

When Mrs Yu looked at his wry expression, she smiled again. "That was wrong of me. This is an extreme example. But you understand my meaning: you are already good enough. Others are already very envious of your father and me, so don't keep thinking that you must do things to the absolute best."

It seemed that not long ago, someone had also said similar things to him.

Only after a long time did Yu Tu make a "hmm" sound.

They also exchanged conventional greetings for a while with two acquaintances passing by. After they left, Mrs Yu suddenly said, "You should also be considering marriage, which is an important event in your life. I'm always asked by people why my son still is not married yet."

Yu Tu was somewhat taken aback, because his parents seldom rushed him to settle down.

"Don't set your requirements too high. You don't need to look for someone too beautiful. It is best if she can take care of people." Mrs Yu's typical mother-in-law criteria.

Yu Tu walked silently. Mrs Yu thought that he most likely still had never considered this issue before, so she did not continue with the topic. Who would have thought? Yu Tu suddenly called her at the doorway of the house. "Mom."

Mrs Yu looked at him.

Yu Tu said, "I probably like it the other way round."Yu Tu somewhat wished to escape. He did not expect that his mother, who had always seemed calm and unhurried on the question of his marriage, because of his words, would be so enthusiastic, with all kinds of incessant inquiries.

But now, what could he say?

After spending the night at home, Yu Tu flew directly to from the nearest airport. After meeting up with some members of the experiment team, they drove to the experiment site in the middle of the desert.

In the desert far away from human habitation, the rhythm of everything slowed down. Yu Tu focused on his work every day, both engrossed in it, yet at the same time, his mind dissociated from it, too.

A few days before the end of the mission, Yu Tu received a call from Guan Zai, who was thousands of miles away.

"Is everything running smoothly over there?"

"Yes, we finished a few days ahead of time. After a few months, we'll do the second one."

Guan Zai said "Oh, No wonder Chief Sun had time to find me to complain."

The Chief Sun he mentioned was the chief person in charge of this experiment. Yu Tu frowned slightly. "Is there any problem?"

Guan Zai heaved a sigh and said, "You don't know that our Chief Sun is a serious and active person. He wants to have a hand in all big and small work matters, and he is also very concerned with important life events, such as marriage prospects, of the young people working under him. As a matter of fact, he originally had wanted to introduce a girl over in the Tianjin institute to a young man in his institute. It's really good that Beijing and Tianjin are very close to one another, right? But supposedly, you've been acting especially melancholy and deeply intellectual and reserved every day, frequently gazing at the stars alone not joining in on any after-work group recreation activities. As a result, you've captivated a group of naive girls' hearts and directly shattered the hope of all other young men."