Chapter 3

Once a decision had been made, big sister Ling handled the matters swiftly and decisively. They would wait until Qiao Jing Jing's filming wrapped up in Hengdian and then the team would immediately return to Shanghai and start the special training for King of Glory.

She prepared very thoroughly: a new online account, a dedicated mobile phone for the exhibition game, and even a coach who was her husband A Guo, had been found.

Big sister Ling and her husband were childhood sweethearts who got married. Initially, A Guo also had a pretty good job, but with big sister Ling flying around and not able to take care of the children, A Guo had no choice but to sacrifice his career and return to take care of the family. He used the extra time to play game, ranking pretty high and was the strongest King (highest rank in the game).

"Once bitten twice shy, so the less people who know about it this time, the better. Thus I got A Guo to be your coach. If you're at his rank, you should not look too bad in the exhibition game."

While talking, big sister Ling pushed open the door of a small meeting room in the studio, where A Guo was already waiting inside. When he saw them coming in, he quickly stood up and greeted them.

"In the future, practice here. Xiao Zhu, you also follow to see and learn. Later, after Jing Jing knows a little, call Dan Dan along, since she also plays this game. Plus me, the five of us are just right to form a team to train together."

After big sister Ling finished the briefing, she went to get busy with her work. A Guo began to teach Qiao Jing Jing and Xiao Zhu, but before that, he set their mind at ease.

"This game is actually not difficult, just concentrate on mastering a few heroes in this one month time. You can definitely do well, otherwise other players would have all run away."

Qiao Jing jing listened very excitedly.

"I'll tell you some basic stuff first." He opened the game interface, "Do you know about casual match and ranked match? Casual match is where everyone plays casually, but if you want to have placing, you have to go through ranked match, ascending one star at a time."

Of course she knew this, so Qiao Jing Jing nodded.

"For casual match, there are 1v1, 3v3, 5v5 modes, but most are playing 5v5. For ranked match, only 5v5 is available."

"For diamond rank and below, the ranked and casual match are about the same, randomly and blindly picking a hero, but you certainly cannot be the same as your teammates. For placing above diamond rank, the game would be in Ban and Pick Phase. The difference is that at the beginning of Ban and Pick Phase, both sides can ban two heroes. Then both sides take turns to pick heroes, but you cannot pick the one chosen by the other side. Later, when you participate in the exhibition match, it will certainly also be like this. In the professional tournament, the ban is three heroes, as for your exhibition match, I reckon it is the same."

A Guo drank a mouthful of water, "But no matter how the game mode changes, it is also using this Antaris Battlefield map."

A Guo clicked open the training camp, to let both of them look at the map.

"Jing Jing, you've played before. Look at this map, dividing into top, middle (mid) and bottom (bot) lanes. The common playing method is the mage (a hero whose damage is based on their abilities rather than attacking) taking the middle lane, the marksman (a ranged hero focused around dealing damage with their physical attacks at a distance) with the support (a hero focused on healing or preventing damage rather than dealing it) taking the bottom lane, and warrior (a hero focused on dealing damage with physical melee attacks) or tank (a hero with high health or defense whose focus is absorbing damage in place of their teammates) taking the top lane. Jungling is slaying the monsters at the jungle area." Source: Samurai Gamers