9 𝔄𝔩𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔞 𝔇𝔦𝔪𝔦𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔲 9

I let my legs carry me as I left Alcina's chambers. By this point I had a pretty good idea about where everything was in the castle but it was still a struggle to find my way to the exact place I need to be.

It wasn't hard to find the courtyard and I was sure I knew the way to the door out of here but I didn't have a plan for once I got there. Being in the courtyard for that little time also reminded me of how cold it was outside. If I was going to find where Mother Miranda was, I would need to do it fast so I don't freeze to death.

I made my way back into the castle and took a few wrong turns until I found the door that lead outside. It was locked, I expected it to be but I was hoping I would just get lucky.

"Y/N?" Alcina's voice rang through the castle, "Honey you should get some sleep."

I rushed away from the door so she didn't figure out my plan. The bedroom that I had stayed in wasn't far and I was pretty sure I knew the way there. I walked down the hallway and towards the room.

Right before I walked in, the door opened wide my way and Alcina stepped through. I couldn't imagine her back pain from having to bend down every time she goes through a door.

"Ah there you are." She smiled down at me and placed a hand gently on my back.

"I decided I would spend the night with you, just in case Miranda had a plan." She bent down and went back in through the door, leading me inside with her.

I didn't say a word but mentally I was planning. I had to leave the castle as soon as possible but Alcina made it difficult with hoe protective she had become.

Alcina's gloved had guided my shoulder towards the bed. As much as I wanted to run and get out of the castle before Miranda showed up, I laid down in the bed. It felt warm and cozy, instantly luring me to sleep.

Miranda wouldn't attack in one night right? Hopefully I can fix everything in the morning because my eyes are drifting shut and the temptation to sleep grew larger. Soon enough my body went limp and my mind found itself in dream world.

Alcina's POV

I stood by and watched as Y/N fell asleep on the bed. Letting out a deep sigh while watching her rest peacefully. I had always been loyal to Miranda but she has gone to far. Why would she even want my Y/N? She must be lying about keeping her alive just to tempt me into taking her 'offer'.

"Mother." Bela's voice drew me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I turned to look at my daughter.

"So far we've seen nothing," she states. "We will keep looking."

"Thank you Bela. Go help your sisters search." I say as Bela dissipates into bugs. My lovely daughters have been helping keep a look for Miranda. Even all the maids know to look for anything suspicious. I then go to sit in the chair next to the bed while I watch Y/N.

While everyone looked around the castle, I had the best job of watching Y/N while she sleeps. She looked so calm and relaxed. Every feature of her face seemed so peaceful as she snuggled into the pillow. I wish I could join her, hold her in my arms while we rest together but I can't. I have to stay alert and watch for Miranda. She will never take Y/N away from me. Not while I'm still breathing.

. . . . . .

Some time later I found myself starting to drift off. I've been watching Y/N for a while now and she could wake up at any moment. The bed she laid in was starting to look tempting. Oh how I wish to fall asleep next to her. But I have to protect her.

Soon enough she made a small sound and her eyes creaked open. She didn't seem to want to wake up but sat up with a yawn and stretched anyway.

"Good morning." I smiled warmly at her.

"Good morning... did you stay there all night?"

"I did. You should go get some breakfast. I think I'm going to take a little nap and I'll meet you there." As much as I wanted to stay awake and watch over Y/N, I needed to sleep.

"Ok, I'll see you later Alcina." She started to walk out of the room before stopping, "Alcina?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

Her words almost made my heart stop. I've never loved anyone besides my daughters, let alone love a human. She has changed me, she makes my heart want to explode in my chest.

"I love you too." I say with the urge to giggle like a younge child.

She smiled warmly and left the room, off to go get breakfast.

Y/N POV

Now was my chance to escape. I did love Alcina and that is why I must leave. Now that she will be asleep, the only thing in my way is her daughters. I had to find my way out without anyone noticing. Unannounced to me, someone else was planning this moment as well.

~○~

A/N
Heyyyy
Sorry for the cliff hanger
I'll try to make the next chapter soon :)
Hope you're liking the story so far and thank you so much for reading it