4 𝔄𝔩𝔠𝔦𝔫𝔞 𝔇𝔦𝔪𝔦𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔲 4

A voice made my dark world turn as I opened my eyes.

"Did I fall asleep?" I realized I was cuddled up to Lady Dimitrescu arm.

"You took a quick nap," Lady Dimitrescu looked down at me before standing up, "I must do something, wait here. I'll be back."

She stood up and walked to the door towards Daniela who I didn't notice standing there. They left the room and as much as I wanted to know what they were doing, it wasn't time to get caught doing something im not supposed to.

~○~

Alcina POV

"We got a message from Mother Miranda," Daniela started speaking as soon as we left the room.

"What did she say?" I looked back at the library door to make sure it was completely shut.

"Heisenbergs did more tests on Y/N, the tests came back negative. With more resurch he found she was never infected in the first place. She's not special and already knows too much." Daniela spilled the bad news.

"So she's not worthy of Eva?" I glance down at the ground. I have only known the short human for a few days but something in me has grown to like her. The way she feels comfortable enough to fall asleep around, let alone on a monster like me... she has been damaged by that damn man in the factory.

"Listen Daniela, I will not let Miranda take Y/N away from me. She might not be special but she still has a good heart." I waved Daniela away, "quickly go tell your sisters."

~○~

Y/N POV

I looked through a few more pages of the book before Lady Dimitrescu came back into the room. She had a different expression on her face than usual. Usually she looks and acts like everything is under control and that she is the mastermind of all the plans. Except now, now she had a face of worry and seemed distraught over something.

The mistress sat by me like she was before.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yes. Everything is fine." She had a confident tone but something still felt off.

"Ok..." I responded, unsure of what she talked about with Daniela.

Lady Dimitrescu sat closer to me this time. Like she learned something. Whatever was said to her when she left must have been bad.

"Is something wrong?" I asked the tall women.

"I've already said everything is fine." Her voice was more dominant than before.

"Its just, you aren't..." Lady Dimitrescu started to speak but what cut off by the library doors opening wide.

"Mother!" Cassandra flew into the room.

"Yes Cassandra?"

"Mother Miranda is in the castle." The words leaving Cassandra's lips didn't seem so bad to me but Lady Dimitrescu seemed more panicked.

She stood up quickly, "stay here." Was the last thing Lady Dimitrescu said before leaving me alone.

It felt like forever while I sat there. I knew if I left the room I would end up hurt in some way. But the way she acted to the news that mother Miranda was here seemed odd.

Did Mother Miranda want to send me to another lord? Or maybe the Dimitrescus were in trouble.

I couldn't leave but there shouldn't be anything wrong with looking. I got up and walked over to one of the two doors in the library. I pushed up against it and nothing happened. The door stayed shut. I pulled, pushed, and hit up against the door but it was locked shut.

Realizing I was trapped i quickly went to the other door but the same happened. Locked. I couldn't escape the room.

There was only one window and it was a skylight. I had no knowledge on how to get it open and even if I did how would I get up there?

No matter what, I couldn't give up. I tried throwing books up at the skylight hoping it would break. Unfortunate the glass was thick and I couldn't break through.

While trying I heard the familiar sound of bugs fill the room. I turned to find Bela had gotten into the room.

"Mother has requested I stay with you." She said.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"I'm not supposed to tell you." Bela didn't spill any news.

"So Mother Miranda is here?" I tried getting anything out of her.

"Yes, which is why you must stay here." Bela spoke, "Mother Miranda is dangerous."

"She can't be dangerous... she's been helping our village for years." I said remembering all the time I spent worshipping this women.

"All she's done is make it seem like she's helping you," Bela explained, "she has been using villagers to her own advantage."

"She... she wouldn't..." I felt my legs get heavy and my body met the floor. I sat down, not able to take the truth.

"Just look at what she did to you, sold you like a slave to be experimented on." Bela got down on her knees to be at my height, "I'm sorry but at least you're here. Mother seems to have taken interest in you."

"Interest in me? What do you mean?" I asked.

"I've seen the way she looks at you. Something different, and the fact that you haven't been hurt at all. Its rare for a outsider to be protected here."

I looked up at Bela with a confusing expression. It was true, I've heard rumors about this castle and how not a soul survives and yet here I was thriving.

While thinking of the mistresses behavior the library door flew open.

The tall women bent down and walked into the room after so long of being away.

"You must leave Y/N, you're not safe here while Miranda is around."

~○~

A/N
Hi there
I just wanted to say thank you all so so much for reading my story 🥰