Chapter 2

Hiccup's P.O.V.

And I guessed right then, maybe moving here wasn't so bad after all.

"Okay.. Jack." I said smiling.

Jack smiled. "So, did your mom enroll you into school yet?" He asked.

"Not yet but she's planning on doing that on Thursday." I said.

"Oh, okay. Well, when you start, at least you'll have a friend." Jack said smiling.

To be honest, I was surprised. Jack actually wanted to be my friend. Back where I lived, barely anybody talked to me. I was pretty much lonely.

"You.. You want to be my friend?" I asked.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" Jack asked.

"Well, I got made fun of a lot. People pretty much thought I was weird and they thought my name was weird too.." I said looking down.

"I would never do that to you. People think my hair is weird." Jack said chuckling then ran his hand through his hair.

I looked at him. "Why would they do that. Your hair is cool." I said chuckling.

Jack chuckled. "My natural hair color is brown but I just felt like dying my hair." He said.

I smiled. "Well, it's awesome." I said.

Jack chuckled and sat down in the grass. Jack looked up at me. I guess by that look he wanted me to sit down next to him. I smiled and sat down next to him but left a small space between us.

"So, can you tell me more about you?" Jack asked looking over at me.

"Yeah, I can. Anything in particular you want to know?" I asked as I looked back at him.

Our eyes met. It was weird. I couldn't bring the urge to look away from him. His eyes were such a bright color of blue. His hair shined from the sunlight. I found myself slowly getting lost from the sight of him.

"Well, everything if that's okay." Jack said smiling.

Jack speaking broke me from my thoughts. I chuckled. "Alright, let me see where to start this." I said thinking for a moment.

"Take your time." Jack said chuckling.

"Well, I'm 16, I have a dog named Toothless, he was the one who took your shirt, but anyway, there really isn't much." I said shrugging.

"I still want to know." Jack said.

"I'm not really that interesting." I said.

"I find you interesting." Jack said as he started to smile.

I smiled a bit. "No one has really took interest in me before." I said.

"Get used to it, Hiccup." Jack said smiling.

I smiled. Toothless suddenly ran right between Jack and I and dropped Jack's shirt to the floor. He's shirt was a bit dirty and covered in drool from Toothless.

"Awe, Toothless." I said then let out a sigh.

Toothless sat down and tilted his head while looking at me. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"You cause much trouble but I still love you." I said smiling then started to pet Toothless on the head.

Toothless wagged his tail happily. "Toothless looks happy." Jack said chuckling.

I smiled. "He is but he can cause mischief but he's still a good dog/best friend to me." I said smiling.

"I can be your best friend too. Well, if you wanted." Jack said smiling.

"I would like that." I said smiling. "Now, can you tell me things about you?" I asked.

Jack looked at me and nodded. "Sure. Well, I'm 17, I live with my dad, he's my adoptive dad. But there really isn't much." Jack said smiling.

"I see what you're doing." I said chuckling.

Jack chuckled. "Yeah, well, I better get going. I have school tomorrow and I also have homework." Jack said getting up.

I stood up too. "Alright, see you tomorrow?" I asked.

Jack smiled. "Most definitely." He said smiling.

Jack slightly waved to me then turned around and started to walk back towards his house. He really did seem like a nice guy. But I'm not sure though. Trust issues you know? I sighed quietly and started to walk back towards my house.

I could be wrong about Jack. He could turn out to be an awesome person. But I also could be wrong. I just keep doubting it. I keep telling myself that I'm wrong. I know I am.

Toothless followed shortly behind me. There's so many thing going through my mind. I'm thinking if I just had a conversation with someone then not talk to them ever again but I'm also thinking that I had a conversation and just made a new friend.

I walked up to the front door and opened it and let Toothless inside. I walked inside and closed the door behind me. I sat down on the small bench next to the front door and started to take off my shoes. Hopefully Jack could tell me some things about the school. I'm already nervous as it is.

I got my shoes off and stood up and started to walk towards the kitchen. I'm guessing my mom was making dinner. When she noticed I was standing there, she turned around and smiled at me.

"So, have any fun outside with Toothless?" My mom asked.

I smiled and grabbed the bag of Toothless's dog food and poured it into his food bowl. "Yeah, I did." I said and picked up his water bowl.

I walked over to the kitchen sink and filled his bowl with water then set the bowl next to his food bowl. Toothless came running into the kitchen and started to eat.

"I saw that coming." I said chuckling.

"Hiccup, can you help me set the table?" My mom asked.

I nodded. "Sure." I said as she handed me the plates.

I grabbed them as she looked at me. "Did you meet anyone today?" She asked.

I set a plate down. "I did actually." I said smiling.

"Oh, who did you meet?" She asked smiling.

"Well, his name is Jackson but he prefers to be called Jack. He's our next door neighbor." I said smiling.

"I'm glad that you made a new friend." My mom said smiling.

"I'm glad too." I said smiling.

~After dinner.~

I walked back upstairs when I finished dinner. I was pretty tired today but I had fun today. Especially talking with Jack. I believe I can trust him. I really do. I just hope he isn't playing me. Like some people did back to me where I used to live.

They would act nice to me, pretend they were my friend, they would get close to me, I would open up to them, and then they would turn on me. I sighed as I started to remember those things.

I walked into my room and sat on my bed. People are such dicks. I don't see how they have pleasure in making people cry or making them feel bad about themselves. I seriously don't know how people see pleasure in bullying people.

Jack seems different to me. I feel like he would never hurt anyone. Even if he didn't mean to. But I do want to learn more about him. Maybe he'll open up to me tomorrow. But the way he smiled..

"I'm not attracted to him, I'm not attracted to him, I'm not attract- goddammit!" I yelled quietly.