Chapter 1

A/N: I wrote this about three years ago (2015) so I was still kind of learning how to fucking write a story lol so please forgive me if this story seems out of place with the plot. I was thirteen at the time so maybe that explains a lot but please just be patient with it. It slowly gets better after I took a three month hiatus to try and figure out how I can improve it along with my writing. Thank you to all the people who are reading it or have read it and enjoyed it. It means a lot to me!

~Hiccup's P.O.V.~

I leaned my head against the window. I honestly didn't want to move to a new town. It's going to be hard making new friends. Especially with a name like mine. People will probably make fun of me but you get used to it after a while. I sighed quietly.

"So Hiccup, are you excited to move into our new house?" My dad asked smiling.

I sighed and sat up in my seat. "No." I said.

"Oh, why not Hiccup?" My mom asked.

"New friends, new school, and the new town. Why did we have to leave?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"It was for the best Hiccup. We couldn't stand seeing you so unhappy." My dad said.

"I was perfectly fine!" I said sighing.

"I'm sure you'll love it here, Hiccup. Just give it some time." My mom said and looked back at me from the passenger seat.

I rolled my eyes and looked away from her and out the window. We moved because I got bullied and I told my family countless times I didn't want to be here anymore but it didn't really mean I wanted to leave.

I got upset a lot and said things I didn't really mean. Like moving. I'm gonna miss being able to walk out of my house and go take a walk in the woods and get my mind off of things. I probably won't be able to do that now.

I looked out the window. We passed many houses and drove through some neighborhoods. I saw some kids playing out in their front yard. They seemed so very.. Happy. I sighed and looked away from the window when I felt the car stop.

"Well, here we are." My dad said smiling.

"Yay." I said sarcastically and unbuckled my seat belt.

"Hiccup, you'll be fine." My mom said.

"You guys always say that.." I said sighing and opening the car door and stepping out of the car.

I closed the door and looked around. Well, at least the neighborhood looked friendly. I looked away and saw my parents had already unlocked the door to the house and were moving boxes inside to the house.

I walked over to the other side of the car and opened the door to reveal my dog, Toothless, sitting on the seat and looking at me. I smiled. "Hey bud." I said.

Toothless barked happily and jumped out the car. I chuckled and shut the car door. Toothless, is the only best friend I have. I know, call me lonely, whatever. But, he's the only one that has ever been there for me.

"Come on bud." I said smiling and running towards the house.

Toothless wagged his tail and followed me into the house. I looked around. The house was pretty big even though we haven't got most of our furniture yet but overall, the house looked nice. There was much space. I slowly walked around. I gasped quietly when I saw the kitchen. It was a lot nicer and bigger than the one at our old house.

Maybe there could be places I could hide around the house so no one would bother me. I shrugged and headed for the stairs and started to walk up them. Toothless followed shortly behind me. I really don't mind it. He follows me everywhere and it's honestly, in my opinion, adorable.

My mom peeked out from a room. "So you finally decided to come inside." My mom said chuckling.

"I guess you could say that." I said and leaned down to Toothless and petted him softly on the head. Toothless wagged his tail and I chuckled.

"Your room is down the hallway on the right." My mom said smiling.

I nodded and started to walk down the hallway. My mom and said sure seem happy about everything and yet, I'm being stubborn. Well, nobody likes moving. Especially me.

2 weeks later. (I just felt like time skipping. I'm lazy. :p)

I sighed and fell back onto my bed. I still have some unpacking to do but I'm lazy. I'll do it later. I ran a hand over my face. I guess I'm still getting used to everything. But what I'm most nervous about it school. My mom still has to enroll me but I can't stop being nervous about it and I can't help it. I worry about everything and I mean everything.

I felt Toothless jump onto my bed and lay down next to me. I smiled and turned to him and petted him on his head. "How you doing Toothless?" I asked. Toothless started to wag his tail.

I smiled and sat up in the bed and let my feet hang over the edge of the bed. Toothless got up too and sat next to me. Toothless set his paw on my lap.

I looked over to Toothless. "What is it, bud? You want to go play outside?" I asked smiling.

Toothless started to wag his tail more. "Do you?" I asked again.

Toothless barked in response and jumped off my bed. "Okay, lets go." I said smiling and getting off my bed.

I picked up the ball Toothless was playing with and through the ball. Toothless barked and ran after the ball. I smiled to myself. Well, at least I'm enjoying myself. And I actually have someone to keep me company and that's my best friend/dog, Toothless.

I mean, I know he can't talk but maybe he listens to me when I go one about pointless things or when I complain. He'll sometimes nudge me with his nose to tell me to shut up sometimes. Well, at least I know he gets annoyed by it sometimes.

I heard Toothless bark and that brought me back from my thinking. I looked down at Toothless. He was holding a shirt in his mouth. Wait, where did he even get that?

"Toothless, give it." I said taking a step forward.

Toothless backed up as I continued to step forward. I finally reached out to grab the shirt but instead, Toothless took of running. I sighed and started to run after him.

"Toothless! Get back here!" I yelled.

I guess I wasn't watching where I was going and bumped into someone. I guess we both fell onto the sidewalk. I groaned quietly and opened my eyes. To my surprise the person was already standing and he was lending me his hand. He had snow white hair and bright blue eyes. His hair was odd but I.. Kinda liked it.

I took his hand and he helped me up. Well, what a nice way to greet someone, I guess. Then the guilt finally hit me. "I am so sorry." I said.

He chuckled. "No worries. Was that your dog taking off with my shirt?" He asked smiling.

"Yes and I'm sorry. He just doesn't like to listen sometimes." I said, still feeling guilty and like a complete idiot.

"Like I said, it's alright. Your dog can keep the shirt though." He said chuckling.

I chuckled. "Alright. Whatever floats your boat." I said.

"So, are you the new person you moved in two weeks ago?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am. Sorry, where are my manners? I'm Hiccup, weird name, no need to tell me." I said.

"No, it's an awesome name, don't ask why. I'm Jackson but please, just call me Jack." Jack said smiling.

And I guessed right then, maybe moving here wasn't so bad after all.

Author's Note: And there you guys have it! The first chapter to my new story! And yes, I made Toothless as a dog. Please, just deal with it. Anyway, I hope you guys like this FanFiction! And yes, I have been thinking if I should make a sequel to 'Can I Change Your Ways.' But we'll see. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!