Ending This....

•Mirae's POV
"What if....what if I decide to stay?" I asked, with a lump in my throat. "What if I decide not to kill the last person?"
The Grim Reaper looked at me with sympathy. Don't show me that. His face looked like he expected this since a long time.
"Are you sure?" He asked me.
"I'm not sure yet. I just...." I gulped, not provoking tears. I don't want to cry in front of him. "I just want to know the circumstances."
"You need to tell me why you want to stay." He said.
"I don't think I can kill anyone anymore. Even if I do, I'll end up regretting it after I go back. I'll end up crying everyday. I would rather.....stay." I said.
"Is that Yixing guy responsible for this?" He asked me.
As if you don't know.
"Stop talking in your thoughts. You know I can hear you. Say everything on my face." The Grim Reaper seemed pissed off suddenly.
"Why are you getting mad at me?" I backfired.
"Answer me."
"He is just responsible for the realization. The human life I took away may not mean a lot to me, but it means a lot to these people. They treasure a life a lot. They treasure a person a lot. They....they pretend to move on. They pretend to replace that person. I never understood that....that a person and their memories can't be at all replaced. I hate myself for....for not valuing those lives. I thought about it...what if the person I was supposed to kill was him? Would I have killed him? He's the only loved one I have. I wouldn't have killed him. He taught me how every life mattered." I wiped the few drops of tears that welled up in my eyes.
"So, you'll stay with him here?"
"No....he refused to see me again." I said gulping. "He hates me but I know any sane human will. So, I'll stay away from him even if I decide to stay."
The Grim reaper looked at me warmly which was very unlike of him.
"I want to know what I have to do." I asked.
"Listen carefully and then make your decision." I nodded. "So, if you decide to stay, all the people whose souls we took away will come back. You couldn't finish the list, so those souls need to die like normal humans do. They will come back in the descending order of their death. You will take them to fulfill their last wishes and meet their loved ones. If you don't satisfy their wishes, you'll have to face circumstances. Those people might resent you, but you have to deal with it. It will be quite a mess so think before you decide."
I blink nervously over what I heard. The people I killed will come back? And I have to help them fulfill their last wishes? That's.....
"I decide to....stay." I sighed at my own decision. With my current mental state, I don't think I'll able to go back to the world I came from. I am already full with regrets. I don't want more. I won't be able to face Jun too.
"As you wish." The Grim Reaper again disappeared in thin air. Damn him, what am I supposed to do now? Wait till they come back one by one. Wait....till....they come back....one by one....and....more...regrets.

________________________________________
And they did. They came back one to one. In the span of many months. It was a emotional roller-coaster for me. Some of them were mad at me, some angry, some sad, some of them cried, some cursed at me. They had their own wishes; some wanted to see their family, some wanted to meet their loved ones, some of them didn't have any wish. They were satisfied by the life they lived. It was a very difficult time for me.
But....I had no one to cry to.

He never replied to that message. Calling me was something beyond by imagination or rather say expectations. But, I still didn't want to see him. He must be thinking I went home. To my place....to my world. But I couldn't. It was hard. It was really....hard.
But I lived on my life. I started working full time in the cafe to get daily wages. As of staying for longer than my actual time, my body stared changing. I started feeling human desires like hunger, tiredness.... I was becoming humane.
A few months after I decided to stay, I heard that he went to China, his hometown through a news page. It was sudden for the fans but everyone just supported him because he wanted to promote in China. After that everytime I missed him, I went to his comfort spot, by the hill.
The air there made me feel like it forgave me. It forgave me for what I was and what I did. As he said, it was a comfort place. It made me feel accepted thought it was all just in my mind.

________________________________________
It was a Wednesday evening when I received a letter. A post letter.
It was from......Junhyung.
It was a long duration letter. The ones which reach after years of posting them. So, it came to me, almost after an year of his disappearance.
Miraeya, annyeong! This is your Jun. I hope you remember me now. Pretending to be someone who doesn't know anything about you, felt strange. And uncomfortable. But I still see you as the same Mirae. My Rae. Human world really changed you though. You became a tough person.
Miraeya, I knew you would stop in the end. That you wouldn't be able to come back. But, it's okay, it's fine. It's you so it's fine. You shouldn't keep regrets anymore. Rather, just forgive yourself and anyone, everyone. Even me, for lying to you.
I'll always miss you and treasure you as a person. I will also always like you.
Yours, Junnie.
The letter....was really from him. I cried. I cried a lot. It made my heart hurt like hell. I'll also always miss you Junnie.

[A year later]
Christmas 2020.
It was Christmas and again, I've no one to celebrate with me. So, I decided to go at the comfort point.
The comfort point, place, always brings many painful yet beautiful memories. But still....I always come back here....

I was sitting on the bench when I heard a car stop behind me. I turned to see a dark blue car, and a man walked out. Covered in a large jacket, a muffler around his neck, wearing a mask and a beanie.
He saw me.
"Who are you-" Before I finished saying the man rushed towards me.
I was scared and took a few steps back.
"Who are y-you?"
The man approached me and hugged me tightly.
"Mirae-ssi..." The hug, the feeling, the warmth, it was him. It was really.....him.
"Yixing-ssi..?" I said, in his embrace.
"I missed you."

________________________________________
[Not a POV]
Meanwhile, a list in the most ignored corner of Mirae's room was catching dust. It had hundreds of striked out names. Except one. Zhang Jiashuai.

                            [The End]
______________________________________
This ending was unexpected for me too. Don't hate me. Okay, you can because this took so long.
Also, you can consider this as an open ending. You can have the ending the way you want.
Also, thanks for reading!