Christmas Eve

•Mirae's POV
"Whatever! What do you want to talk about?" I asked him as I sat in front of him.
"About your past!" He said. What does he know about my past?
"My past? What about my past?" I asked him.
"Don't you want to know why you're here?" He said smirking.
"Why am I here? Do you know about my past? Please tell me. And, and if you knew why didn't you tell me before? You've been watching me through my entire existence. Tell me if you know anything about me." I was getting hyper.
"Calm down, Mirae. First, calm down." He said.
"You first make things clear!!" I was getting mad at him. I am, rather, 24/7 mad at him.
"I'm telling this to you now because it maybe the upcoming year would be your last year here. December is coming to an end. 2020, your "supposed" last year here will begin soon." He made that supposed word sound really clear.
"What do you mean by supposed?" I asked.
"What if you choose to wait and not go back?" THIS DAMN GRIM REAPER.
"Why would I not go back? I've completed all my missions till date. I've shown no mercy till now. I won't let all that go in vain."
"What if you find someone worth waiting for?" He asks nonsense questions.
"I've no such person in my life."
"What about that guy from the cafe? Kim Junhyung?" He's babbling nonsense again.
"I'll tell him that I'm moving to another city and won't be able to keep contact. He's not much to handle." I said smirking.
"And what about that guy?"
"Who's "that guy"?"
"The one who met just now. That guy."
"Oh, Zhang Yixing. What about him? It's not that we are friends. He's just someone I know."
"What if your relationship gets stronger with him as days pass?" Nonsense again.
"Mr. Grim Reaper. Will you stop saying your "what if" series and tell me about my past?" I wanted to smack him but no, he's here to tell me something I want to know. I can't be rude to him right now. My words maybe rude but he should be glad that I'm not using actions.
"I can hear your thoughts Mirae-ssi. And I'm really glad you're not hitting me." He said faking a smile. Nosy reaper.
"Hear all you want to. But, first tell me, why am I here?" I said as I banged the table in front of me with my fist.
"You're here for him?"
"Him? Who 'him'? Zhang Yixing?" What is he saying?
"Yes, you're here because of him or I can say for him. And now that you have met him, I want to ask you, do you really want to go back now?"
"First of all, I don't know why you're saying I'm here for him even though I met him a few days ago. And second thing, I'm definitely going back."
"Okay then. Stay away from Zhang Yixing from now on. Don't meet him!"
"As if I'm dying to."
"Whatever you want to say. If you'll know your past, you'll regret what you feel now."
"What do you mean by that?"
"I'll tell you soon. First of all, don't meet him again now. I'll tell you about your past soon." He said and vanished. THAT DAMN REAPER. I'm really going to smack him one day. And what does he mean by "I'm here for Zhang Yixing"? He's driving me crazy.
Okay, I'll follow his advice and try not meeting him. Try, my foot. I'm not at all desperate to meet him. Get yourself together Mirae.
____________________________________
I was returning from my cafe part-time job in the evening. We closed early today because the owner told us to.
He said, "Go kids. Enjoy your Christmas."
Yes, it's Christmas. Actually, Christmas Eve.
There were many people around me. Friend groups, couples, families. Everyone was going here and there and was enjoying their Christmas.
And again, I feel lonely. It's a lot lonely and I hate it.
"Many people listen to songs when they feel lonely." I remembered his words. That's what Yixing-ssi told me that night.
Okay, let's try. I removed my old pair of wired earphones from my bag and plugged it into my phone. Let's try it out! But what song should I listen to? I don't know....
I searched on Naver. "Songs you should listen to during Christmas." A long list of songs came.
"Oh, this is an EXO song. He's a part of EXO right? Let's listen to this one." I said to myself as I played a song called "The First Snow".

On this afternoon as the first snow is falling
If only I could call you, I'd be so happy
A year has already passed but I'm still not over you
So I talk to myself, "I'm lonely"