Her Past

This the series of flashbacks from Mirae's past. Don't be confused.
Enjoy reading.
_______________________________
•Mirae's POV
"Can you really see him?" Jun asked me peeking in my books as we were sitting in the old abandoned library with dusty books and tables.
"How many times should I tell you?" I almost shouted at him.
"You're so lucky. You can see one of them. I wish I could too." Jun said as he sighed beside me.
"Well, I know I'm lucky." I said laughing at him. Though I knew it won't turn out as good as I expected.
"How does he look like?" He asked because he was too curious. "Can you hear him too? From when can you see him?" He was asking so many questions.
"Calm down Jun. Ok, I'll tell you one by one." I said smiling to him. "I don't remember when I saw him first.  I first thought that he's just my illusion but now that I keep on seeing him he doesn't seem one. That's how I guessed I'm one of them who can see people from the other world." I was talking and Jun was listening curiously.
"About how he looks...." I took a pause before describing him. "He looks just like us. He's quite tall, has a good smile." I said as he nodded.
"But, you know what? These days, he looks tired. He looks like he's has not slept properly for days. He's sleeping as much as us. He even eats as much as us." I said.
"What do you mean by that?" He said confused.
"Normally, he sleeps more than us. He sleeps for so much more times than us. He eats much more than us. But these days, he's starving himself. He doesn't even look so well." I said while Jun was just patiently listening.
"In the first days, he used to smile a lot, laugh a lot, sing a lot. But now, he's just always so sad. It looks like he's sad with life and needs someone beside him." I said as I looked down. I couldn't say anything more. Maybe, he's just my imagination but if he was, I would have always imagined him to be happy. If he's sad, he's not my imagination, he's reality. He's really in some other world.
"You seem to like seeing him?" He said breaking the long moment of silence I created.
"Yes I do. He makes me happy. His smile is all that makes me feel good. That's the reason I come to this abandoned library. This place is so huge and I can see him moving everywhere without getting blocked." I said looking at his figure moving around the library as Jun was just confused.
"Can you see him right now?" Jun asked me.
"Yes, I can. Maybe, he's going somewhere." I said.
"Rae, do you want to go there and meet him?" He asked me and I pretended that I was giving a thought to what he said. While, the reality was that I had already made my decision.
"Yes, I would love to. Now that he's sad, I do want to. He made me happy when I was sad, I want him to be happy now and I want me to be the reason he becomes happy." I said and giggled to him.
"So you'll leave me behind here?" He asked pouting.
"Yes." I said laughing and flicked his forehead.
"I won't let you leave me behind just because you want to go there. I'll come with you." He said proudly and laughed and I burst into laughter too.
We then stayed silent for some time and focused on what we were doing before that is reading.
Suddenly, we saw someone walking into the library.
"Who's there?" The person said. Oh no! It's the old librarian. Why is he here at this time?
Jun signed me to seek out without getting caught using the other door.
We both got up picking up the books and tried tip-toeing out.
But, I messed up. One of the book I was holding fell on the ground and made a huge bang in that almost dead silence.
"Hey, kids. Stop right there." The old librarian saw us. He found us. Now, we are dead. I cursed in my mind because I knew it was my mistake.
The old librarian came to us and smiled sarcastically. We both were dead now. He's going to swallow us up from sneaking here. Plus, he knows everthing about me.
"Hey kids. Why do you both always sneak in here?" He said and took the books from our hands as we just stood beside eachother looking down.
"We're really sorry." We said in unison and bowed to him.
"You both wait here till I come back." He said and went to the book rack with the books he took away from us.
"Why are you so clumsy?" Jun whispered angrily to me.
"I'm sorry. It just slipped from my hand." I felt sorry for him to be stuck with me here too.
The old librarian came back and looked at us intensely. My and the librarian eyes met and I got chills. He just never looks at me like someone way too younger than me. For him, I'm just his minion. A minion who'll run his errands the moment he orders. Yes, he's my superior or something like that, I just can't explain it to you. He's the one who'll probably take me to the other world and make me do things I don't want to.
"Hey, what's your name? Junhyung, right?" He said looking intensely at Jun.
"Yes, sir." Jun said still looking down.
"You go out from here. I want to talk to her." The old librarian said to Jun.
"Why? Why would she stay here? Talk to her in front of me." He said in a stuttering yet firm tone.
"Hey, go outside and wait for me. I'll come in a few minutes. He won't eat me." I whispered to Jun and he just left that library.
"So you told him about yourself?" The old librarian said as soon as Jun left.
"Yes, I need to tell atleast someone. I may dissappear from this world at any time. Someone needs to know where I went." I said looking down.
"OK, that's totally upon you whom you tell and whom you didn't." He said and stopped. "Don't fall for that guy from the other world." He said as I looked up.
"What?" I said to him in shock trying to process what he said.
"Don't fall for him. You told your friend that he makes you happy. Don't feel happy because of him." He said.
"But why?" I asked, again, looking down.
"Because in the end you'll end up hurting him." He said and took a long pause. "Remember, you have to take something precious for him when you come back to this world." He repeated the things I already now.
I know the fact that I'm going to the other world with many intentions. I'll be assigned a task that I've to do for years no matter I like it or not. And while coming back, I've to bring something precious from the person whom I can see from my world. I know it sounds cheesy but it is what it is. All other people from my world live normal life like people from the other world. But, I don't. As I can see him, I can't live a normal life. I live a life that's related to people from the other world. In the beginning when I came to know about the reason behind my existence, even I couldn't process for a long time. But, then, I made my mind clear, if I want to live a normal life, I will complete all my tasks from the other world, surely comeback to my world and live a normal life. Everything I'll do will lead me to a normal life in the end, right?
"I- I won't develop any feelings for anybody sir. I'll just complete my assigned tasks and come back to my world. I promise to come back and live a normal life." I said and gulped.
"Okay, I hope you keep your words." He said.
After that, I got a blow of all my memories. How I have always lived while knowing the fact that I'll be living a life for someone from the other world, I'll have to go to the other world for some missions and many such things. Everything just rushed in my head and then the very next moment everthing went blank. Everything. It was just dark and very suffocating.
————————————————————

[Back to present]
I woke up in my bed sweating and with a splitting head ache.
What just happened? Every memory from my past, every memory from my world came back. I help my head so tightly because it felt like it will explode. All this just to live a normal life. Really? This is so difficult to digest. What was I even thinking?
Tears started flowing down my eyes when reality just hit me.
The person for whom I came here, the person who made me determined to come here, I've been treating him like nothing. I'm so cold to him as if he's not worth anything.
I'm such a fool for forgetting everthing. I'm such a fool to forget him. I'm such a fool.
But, I shouldn't waste more time now.
I grabbed my phone from the desk and search for Zhang Yixing contact.
I texted him.
[To: Zhang Yixing
Can we meet right now?]

————————————————————
[A/N: Some things to be notes in case y'all are confused with what's going on:
1. Mirae came from the other world with a thought to live a life like any other person after going back.
2. She had already fallen for Lay in the past but just forgot about her feelings.
3. The friend Jun is none other than y'all's favorite Junhyung and as he told her he came behind her to the other world. More things about what happened to him will be cleared in further chapters.]
Now personal note: This story line is making me lose my patience. I'm sorry for a super late update but I can't help. It's difficult to write supernatural stories and took up the disaster on me.
I noticed that I don't use much of Lay POVs and I'll try to use more.

Thank you for reading!