Reveal

Warning: Unbetaed. Contains errors.

•Mirae's POV

He was sitting in front of me now. Zhang Yixing. With a look in his eyes I never wished he had. Atleast not while looking at me. Well, I could only see his eyes because he was wearing a mask as we were at random cafe.
He pulled out an envelope and kept it on the table. He opened it and showed me the numerous pictures inside it. As one by one all pictures came out, I could see my world falling apart.
"Mirae-ssi", there was a hint of worry in his voice, enough to make me more worried about everything. "Is someone following you? Is this some kind of prank? What.....what is all of this? Why are you with all these people? Is this all photoshopped?" He bombarded me with questions as I was gathering all of my courage to tell him everything, right then, right there.
Now, there's no other way than confessing. Yes, I need to tell him everything or things may get worse. It's better to tell them myself rather than him finding out through somewhere else.
I just moved all the photographs away and took his a grip over his hands that were on the table. Right now, I just want him to trust me.
"Yixing-ssi", I said as the grip on his hands became tighter. "You trust me right?" My question was useless, pointless, meaningless. But I still waited for his answer. Patiently.
"I trust you a lot. Just tell me everything before my mind goes wild." He let go his hands from my hand and gripped my hands with a dominance or rather, trust; which was all a waste. I was going to shatter all his trust with a confession.
"Yixing-ssi, just listen to me carefully." I said and told him everything. Each and everything. Just excluded the part that I liked him, no, loved him ever since.
The more and more my story proceeded, his grip on my hands loosened, along with his trust. As I finished talking his hands were no more holding mine. I could see his eyes being shattered, his emotions being messed up just in his eyes.
"You are joking right? This-this is all a prank right? Come on Mirae-ssi, this is not funny." He said stuttering along with a nervous, fake laughter.
"No, it's not a prank. Each and everything I told you is true. Yes, I.....I killed people." I said trying to put no emotions in my words.
He kept silent. A good amount of time was spent in silence while I was waiting for him to talk. He was processing all the things I told him because maybe, this all was too much for him. He seemed angrier second by second.
"You-you killed people just because you wanted to go back to your world? How many innocent lives have you taken in this? How many?" His anger was perfectly depicted in his words. His tone was now high and not as soft as before. Guilt just consumed me.
"But...." I wanted to say something but my words wouldn't come out.
"But what Mirae-ssi?" He was really angry, mad and heartbroken in his voice. "You think a person's life is that a small thing? You think it's cheap?" I just wanted to bury myself somewhere. I can't stand his anger. Not now, not ever.
"No, people don't care. They just replace that person and move on. They don't really care." I said looking down. I was guilty yet saying whatever came to my mind.
Earlier, I used to kill people without thinking because I wasn't answerable to anyone. Now, I'm answerable to someone. To him.
"It's because you haven't lost anybody like that. Some people are not replaceable Mirae-ssi. They take places in the living ones life that can never ever be replaceable. You are not understanding this." He said with a firm and stable tone. I stayed silent for a long time. It was difficult to deal with him right now. Though I expected such a response from him, I was still taken aback.
"Why.....why do you think I did this? Was I happy doing all this? Was I having fun doing all this? Was I in my right mind doing all this in a world where I knew no one?" We both fell silent. I was actually expecting him to say something but his mind was as lost as mine.
"But still, you took so many people away from their loved ones. You....I don't know whether I should say this or not, but you sound so selfish right now. I just can't believe I fell for someone like you." He said and stood up.
"You can continue all you want to do and go back to your world. Let's just not meet after today. I can't meet you again while knowing everything." He didn't even look at me while walking away.
My eyes that had welled up before now started flowing. I knew it, I knew everthing. Still I took the risk of telling him the truth. I would have lied. I would have said that someone is trying to prank me or something like that but no, it was me who chose to tell him everything. I need to go through the after-effects.
I wiped my eyes and grabbed all the stuff and went home too.

I laid on my bed. Looking at my dirty, smudgy ceiling. Everything seemed so meaningless that time. So painful, so hurting. My heart hurt so much that tears didn't stop a moment I entered my house. He hates me. I, probably, disgust him. Everything seems so harsh to me but I know I deserve this. He's a human after all. He will, ofcourse, think I'm ruthless for doing all this. And I am. And yes, I'm selfish. I only thought about myself. I am so selfish. I am so selfish. I am so selfish.
I'll just go back to my world, this place is no more for me.
________________________________________
•Yixing's POV
I dashed back to home pissed off of what happened.
How could she be so heartless? Was her world so heartless? Was she born with it?
It hurts so much right now. My heart hurts. It hurts that I liked her, loved her. I was expecting it to be a prank or atleast something else, but not this. This is not what I wanted. Why can't a single thing work right? Ahhh!
I pulled my hair, jumping into my bed. Looking at the ceiling, I realized how empty my heart felt. How much my empty heart hurt. She didn't harm me at all. She was never bad to me. Then why? Why did it hurt me?

My phone beeped flashing a message.
[From: Angry Bird Mirae-ssi
I'm really sorry for what happened. But, I'll be leaving soon. You don't need to worry about more innocent lives. They all died for a reason. A reason you'll never understand.
Have a great life ahead.]

I closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to consume me.

________________________________________
So, Hi! I updated after like more than 3 months and that too such a sloppy update. I don't know what to do with this story anymore. Maybe, maybe, I'll just end it quick or maybe I'll delete it. Let's see.
And sorry if this is small. The characters suddenly seem strangers to me somehow. Don't judge me, that's how I am.

Vote and comment. Share with your fanfriends.