Guilt and Loneliness

•Mirae's POV
I, straight, went to my apartment after dealing with that grim reaper. He's a coward himself and he's telling me that I flinched while killing that man.
I took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes. My hoodie. And sat down on my bed.
By now, his wife must have known about her husband's death. Or maybe, by now, the babies must have been born.
I laid down and tried to fall asleep. Come on, Mirae. It was just another human you killed. You can fall asleep.
I tried to fall asleep. 30 minutes. 1 hour. 2 hours, but I can't fall asleep. This happens everytime I kill a person who is supposed to live for somebody else. Or maybe, I can't fall asleep because I'm guilty. Maybe, because I pity his family right now. I can't figure out my own emotions. I feel this sudden loneliness and guilt. I want to get rid of it. I need to get rid of it. Or it will happen again when I kill someone else.
I checked my phone for time. It was 3:30 am. The next thing I knew, I was out of my bed, tied my hair into a bun and got outside that room to get some fresh air. I locked my apartment and started walking. And randomly, I found myself going towards the same bus-stop.
Mirae, what do you expect when you'll reach there? A person in shining armour will be there to wipe away all your guilt and loneliness? Pfft! It never happened in past nine years and won't even happen now. Don't even expect anything from your fate! My nine year long life here taught me that expecting anything from anyone leads to disappointment. I've seen people crying and complaining and saying "I didn't expect this from you". Like please, don't expect anything from anyone. It will just break you into pieces and you'll have to survive with those pieces for the rest of your life. And it's hurting. It will hurt your heart. Not mine because all my heart does is, it just pumps blood. Like a normal human heart, it doesn't have any hormone that creates feelings for someone. My heart only pumps blood and my brain just creates guilt. That's it!
I reached the bus stop and someone was already there. Ahh! Is someone really going to spoil my alone time?!? Wait, Mirae. You are already alone, lonely! That person maybe too.
There was a guy in black hoodie sitting there. His back was facing me and he was humming a song.

Strung in my head
How could I just forget
Taking that brief moment
All the way till the end

Here I am watching you go
Holdin' a heart that's so broke
Stuck in my lens
It's just your face babe

I'd give anything to
Make it feel anew (Anything, anything)
I'd do anything to
Work it out with you (Anything, anything)

Don't let me go (woo)
Don't, don't let me go (woo)
Don't let me go (woo)

He has a nice voice. Must be a singer. Wait! Is it that Zhang Yixing? I went a bit little forward and it was really him. Why is he here at such time?
I went a little bit more forward and he noticed me and smiled warmly towards me. Damn, his dimple. Shut up, Mirae.
"Anyeonghaseyo, Yixing-ssi." I said as I did a little wave towards him.
"Anyeonghaseyo, Mirae-ssi." He said and smiled again. Damn, if he keeps smiling I'll completely lose my mind. Wait! What?
I went and sat beside him.
"Your voice is good. And the song too. It was very good and warm." I said as I showed him a thumbs up. Why am I being warm towards him? I'm not like this. Come back to your senses, Mirae.
"You liked it? Thank you." He said.
"Also, you can understand English? You know Chinese too according to our first meeting. Wow! You know many languages. Can you speak any other languages?" He was amazed.
"Yes", I said nervously. Nervously, my foot! I'm just being polite, right? Yes!
"I can speak Japanese, too." I said.
"Woah, I can speak a little bit of Japanese." He said. "You speak many languages. Are you translator by profession by any chance?" He asked.
"No, no. I'm just a student." Liar Mirae. Liar. You're a killer.
"Oh, how old are you?" He asked.
"22." Liar. Well, not liar exactly. I don't know my age. According to this dimension, it's 9, because I lived for nine years here and this is my 10th and last year here.
"Oh!" He said. "But, can I ask you why are you here at this time?" He asked.
"I can ask you the same question." I said as I narrowed my gaze. What's a world famous celebrity doing here so late at night?
"Ah! The thing is......" He rubbed his nape showing that it's something he can't share.
"It's okay if you don't want to tell." I said trying to shrug off his nervousness.
"No, no. It's not something I don't want to share. It is a bit childish so. I'm preparing for a solo album and I'm nervous about it. I couldn't sleep so I came here." He said nervously.
Liar. Such a liar. I know he's lying. I know it's something else. I just come to know when some humans lie. It's easy for me to guess. I think he really doesn't want to tell me.
"Oh, so it's nervousness that's not letting you sleep." I said as I nodded.
"What about you? Why are you here?" He asked me.
"I just couldn't sleep." I said. Well, I'm saying something honestly after a long conversation.
"Why?"
"Just because. I feel a bit lonely." You're good at letting yourself out Mirae.
"Lonely? Why? Can I help you out by something?" He asked.
"No, no. No one can help me get away from loneliness. No one has ever tried. And no one even can." I said as I smiled bitterly.
"Oh, so even I can't?" He said looking towards the ground.
"Will you give me a chance to help you out with your loneliness? He said smiling again.
"You can try." But you won't succeed.
"So, what I can I do?" He said and thought about something for a while. Maybe, a few seconds.
"Should I sing for you?" He asked.
"Does that help in wiping away loneliness?" I asked him.
"Well, many people listen to songs when they feel lonely. How about you? Have you ever tried listening to songs when you felt lonely?" He asked.
"No...."
"Then you should. Even I do it. Should I sing for you?"
"Okay, maybe it will help." I said.

You who is looking up at me
Words that are delivered through gazes
The yearning that
Tormented me all day
The temperature that I’ve been wishing for
Earnestly, the warmth that is relieving
The small breaths I feel on wy shoulder
Is just like that of a child’s

Smiling shyly white looking at me
You who run into my arms
How can I not hug you who’s like that
Listening to you whisper
At where’s closest to my heart
How can I not hug you who’s like that

That voice. Those lyrics. That song. Everything made me so calm and made me feel so warm. I really felt what peace was.
____________________________________
•Yixing's POV
When I stopped singing, I felt her head on my shoulder. Immediately, my cheeks and ears turned red. She fell asleep while listening to the song. I could hear her breathing. Her soft snores. She's cute. Also, she didn't get angry at me today like any other days. I know she has a bad temper but she was a bit off today. Something sad must have happened. We're in the same boat. Nevermind.
She was having a sound sleep. Maybe, after many days. I, too, didn't disturb her and kept watching her as she was asleep. She's pretty.
After sometime, maybe, after half an hour, she woke up on her own.
"Ah, sorry. Maybe, I fell asleep." She said rubbing her eyes.
"I think you should go home now Mirae-ssi. You need rest, so sleep at home. Come, I'll walk you home." I said to her.
"No, no. I'll go by myself. I can go by myself. You, too, go home and get some sleep. And also, I'll keep your advice in my mind. Listening to songs if I feel lonely. Thank you Yixing-ssi." She said as she walked away.
I, too, went back to dorm.
____________________________________
•Mirae's POV
I opened my apartment's door.
"Ah, that scared me. What are you doing in my apartment?" Mr. Grim Reaper was standing in front of me. Inside my house. How dare he?
"Come inside, I want to talk to you." He said coldly and went inside.
"But how dare you enter my house? Isn't there something like human privacy?" I said angrily following him.
"You're not a human. And stop getting angry at me. Let's talk." He said as he sat on my weary couch.
"Whatever! What do you want to talk about?" I asked him as I sat in front of him.
"About your past!" He said. What does he know about my past?
"My past? What about my past?" I asked him.
"Don't you want to know why you're here?" He said smirking.

____________________________________
Sorry for late update.
The songs used as Don't let me go by Lay and Hold You Tight by Chen.
DM me if there are any major typos. Ignore the minor ones.
Also, we'll know about Mirae's past soon. Are you all excited?
Also, please drop comments and vote. I need your support and motivation.