46: We're Forever Part One

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, okay... thanks," he whispered, slipping off his shoes.

"Let me take that," I took his suitcase from him.

"(y/n) you don't have to-,"

"I-it's okay... the soba's on the table," I smiled and turned, still feeling his eyes on me as I carried his suitcase upstairs towards the bedroom. I sighed dramatically when there, hunching over and trying to regain composure before I went back downstairs to rejoin my husband.

I sat at the table with him, helping myself to the food I had prepared. "How was the mission?" I asked, looking up at him to find his eyes already on me.

"Not as intense as everyone thought it would be... how was the twins birthday?" He asked quietly.

"It was really enjoyable. Kayano and Ryunosuke came over and we had cake," I said, smiling and thinking back.

"I missed them... and you," Shoto said and I felt an odd pang in my heart, one I'd not felt in a while.

"Y-you did?" I asked, a little shocked.

"Of course I did... you're my family," he whispered, looking away. "Thanks for the food, I - er - am quite tired... I think I'll head to bed."

"Of course," I watched as he quickly exited the room. I felt tears come to my eyes, so spent a moment trying to compose myself before heading up to the bedroom to join him. I heard the shower in our ensuite running as I entered the bedroom, so I quickly slipped into my pyjamas and thought about how to bring up the trip Kayano had recommended to me. I'd already found a beautiful inn out in the country we could go to, it being a completely different scenery with gorgeous mountains and warm hot springs.

I scrolled through the pictures on my phone of the place, jumping when Shoto came out of the shower. He was in his pyjama bottoms but was topless which made my cheeks heat up - as well as fighting regularly we had not been intimate for a long time. "Do you need the bath?"

"I had one before you came home... a-actually Shoto I was wondering if... if you wanted to go on a holiday?" I asked nervously. He was quiet for a moment, and I knew what was coming: a whole lecture on how he can't leave or go anywhere due to his hero duties.

"Sure, that sounds good."

"H-huh?"

"I said sure. Where did you have in mind?"

I was shocked as he sat down in bed next to me, slowly starting to settle down for the night. "H-here looks quite nice... and it's only just outside the city, in the mountain area, so if you're needed for your hero work then we can come straight back-,"

"It looks great. Book it," Shoto said, handing me back my phone.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Next week? I'll let my agency know in the morning," Shoto said, resting his head on the pillow. For the first time in what felt like a long time, I went to sleep that night with a small smile on my face.

- Timeskip -

Kayano, as promised, looked after Mitsuha and Tomohito as Shoto and I went on the holiday to the inn. The photos definitely didn't do the place justice - it was truly beautiful and the mountainous air was so breathable. The inn was small and traditional, it having beautiful rock garden out front with cherry blossom trees growing. Bamboo fence surrounded the back of the inn where I assumed the hot springs where located.

"Welcome," a kind old lady dressed in a kimono said sweetly as we arrived.

"Thank you for having us," I said politely and she smiled. We headed inside, it being incredibly homely and not even having a reception desk like an ordinary hotel. We walked down the corridors, the walls being littered with artwork and finely sewn tapestries.