26: Christmas Lights

Note: This is (obviously) a Christmas special for our adorable bi-coloured hair guy!

Quirk: Carbon armour

 "We've got permission!" Mina cried, running into the common room wafting a sheet of paper around. She and a few of the others in class had been desperate to go out as a class again like we did when we went shopping at Kyashi Ward Shopping Hall before the summer camp. The turning on of the Christmas lights in the city was the perfect event for Mina and the others to beg Mr Aizawa to go to, and to my surprise it seemed as though he caved. "The school teachers will be patrolling around the event, but Nezu said that he thought it'd be a good idea if we were to go out and have some fun instead of being cooped up in here all day long!"

"That's awesome! Aw yeah, I can't wait!" Kaminari jumped up onto the sofa, earning himself a telling off from Iida.

"This will be so much fun!" Ochaco clapped her hands together. "You're going, aren't you (y/n)?" She sat beside me on the sofa I was sitting on and I quickly glanced over to Todoroki, who was talking with Deku.

"Yeah, yeah I'll go," I smiled slightly and nodded.

"Great! That'll give you plenty of time to seduce him there," she whispered, making my eyes widen.

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Hey Todoroki! Deku!" She called across the room and I panicked internally. "You two are going to the Christmas Lights, aren't you?"

"Yeah of course! It sounds like fun!" Deku said, blushing a little as he looked at Ochaco. Todoroki next to him nodded with a simple smile. It was true, it was the first time as a class we'd be doing something since we went shopping before the summer camp so I was looking forward to it, but it was slightly different in the sense that back then I hadn't been aware of my romantic feelings for Todoroki, but now I was more than aware. Ochaco repeatedly tried to tell me I had a chance with him but I didn't see it, he was incredibly attractive and had pretty girls falling over his feet, but I was quite a simple girl with no standout feature. She kept on trying to assure me that I had this chance with him but I didn't want to get my hopes up so instead decided to wait until I got over these feelings I had for him, which would hopefully be soon...

- Timeskip -

It was the day the lights were due to be turned on, and I was incredibly excited as I wrapped up in my big coat, my scarf, my gloves and my hat. With the rest of the class we headed off of the campus and towards the city centre. Everyone was bubbling with excitement, keen to see what events were going on during the build up of the lights being turned on.

We walked there as a class but I mainly stuck with my group of friends which consisted of Ochaco, Tsuyu, Deku, Iida and of course, Todoroki. It was difficult for the entirety of the class to stick together so we ended up splitting off into groups, but we were all just so relieved to be out at an event and enjoying ourselves. We looked at the many Christmas trees and lights hanging from buildings that were yet to be turned on, it all looking beautiful already. We went straight to a food stand, getting some alcohol free mulled wine to warm us up as the cold wind swept through the streets.

The crowds were growing in size as we walked through the streets, trying to soak in all the amazing sights. They had taken it to the next level in terms of decorations, there being almost too much to look at. As we wandered through the groups of people I found myself following Todoroki, him being the most noticeable out of the group what with his hair and scar. Due to my feelings for him I wanted to stick close to him, but I also didn't fancy loosing anyone in this sea of people. "(y/n)?" Todoroki's voice snapped me from my daze.