6: Numb

Warning! This is an angst that includes sexual abuse, but it's not going to be described - I don't like describing those kinds of things, so the actual sexual abuse will only be mentioned. If this topic upsets anyone then please don't read, I don't want to upset any of my lovely readers!

Quirk: Shadow Manipulation

Requested bysHoToRoKi_doki

 I was a first year student at UA high school, enrolled in class one of the hero course. I was training to be the best hero I could possibly be, but my quirk was forcefield which meant I could defend really well and attack long-distance by pushing my forcefields towards my opponents, but my close combat needed a lot of work. That was something I paid particular attention to during heroics, but I also decided to go the extra mile and enrol in a kung-fu evening class as I envied Ojiro's way of fighting and wanted to be like that.

One of my closest friends at UA and also the guy I happened to be crushing on, Shoto Todoroki, also focussed on long-ranged attacks and I was desperate to ask him to come along to my classes, but I was terrified of making a fool of myself in front of him. It was frustrating to say the least, having a crush on one of my closest friends. I wasn't even sure if he reciprocated the extent of my friendship, although he had visited my house a few times - enough times for him to have my parents number saved on his phone.

A part of me was then worried that if he did see me as a close friend, there wasn't a chance he'd see me as more. I didn't want to risk our friendship just because of a crush that I hoped I'd get over soon, but it still didn't stop me from getting jealous of the girls who fawned over him at every opportunity. Either he loved the attention or was too dense to realise just how popular he was.

It was evening and I had just finished my kung-fu class, so I bowed to the sensei and stepped out of the dojo, heading to the changing rooms to get dressed. I checked my phone, smiling when I saw a text from Todoroki.

Todoroki: Training after school tomorrow? I want to see how strong my ice is against your forcefields x

20:32

I blushed a little at the kiss he had added at the end, him recently having added them to each message he sent. I wasn't sure whether it was because I ended my messages the same way and he felt obliged to do the same, but it still made me happy.

Me: Haha, sorry for the late reply, I was at kung-fu, and you only tested your strength this morning! x

20:59

Todoroki: I know but if we test it everyday then we can see our progress x

21:02

Me: I suppose you're right haha, then yeah sure x

21:02

I tucked my phone in the back pocket of my jeans, smiling stupidly to myself at the thought of spending another after-school training session with him hopefully alone. These had been happening a lot recently - it used to be Todoroki, Midoriya, Iida, Uraraka, Tsuyu and I but recently my crush had only been asking me to train with him, not mentioning the fact to the other four. I wondered whether it was because he wanted to spend time alone with me or whether it was just because he wanted to test his strength against my forcefields. Either way, I was happy to be spending alone time with him.

I stepped out into the darkness of the night, taking my usual route home. I was mentally going through that which I had learnt today at kung-fu, wondering whether I could suggest practicing close combat with Todoroki tomorrow as well and hopefully impress him with a few of my moves.