Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15 : Tᴇᴀʀʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴀɴᴅ sᴏʀʀᴏᴡғᴜʟ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛs

“What, you're students from the Cherryton School? I couldn't tell from your plain clothes.”

Steam rose from the hot cup of tea Legoshi stares at. He caressed his upper arm as Gouhin handed him a pack of cigarettes.

“Well, leaving that aside, would you like a smoke?”

Legoshi did not respond nor move to take a cigarette.

“I suppose not,” Gouhin retreated.

Legoshi blinked, hunching his shoulders and giving Gouhin an I'm so miserable look.

Gouhin picked up on his deppressed aura, “What's with that 'I'm so miserable' look?”

Legoshi did not respond, again.

“You're such a pain in the ass.” Gouhin took an airful of nicotine in his cigarette, huffing out a cloud of smoke after. “All I did was give you a reality check.”

“I didn't show you a photo of one-armed puma just to traumatize you. I'm doing all of this to make you have a chance of not turning out like that. You should be grateful.”

“If I'd left you sinking in that bottom less swamp, that wouldn't make me a very good doctor, now would it?”

With Legoshi having tied in chains and punched in the face, he doesn't think Gouhin's a good doctor. At all.

Legoshi's cheek gave a dull throb as he moved his hand to touch the bruise on it. If he thought about it, Gouhin's punch had a lot of force, not even Bill's strength can compare.

Legoshi pondered, I remembered something back from last year's biology class... Order carnivora, Family ursidae... Their body and nature are no different from those of brown bears...

But the panda has one unique trait that seperates them from other bears.

“You told me that it was up to me to decide whether you're my ally or enemy right?” Legoshi noted. “How do you see yourself as a psychotherapist?”

“As a panda with a strong body? Or a panda who will never eat meat?

Gouhin scoffed, “Heh, that's a pretty intelligent question. It's true that we eat nothing but bamboo. I've already abandoned the beast inside me.”

“I decided to become a doctor in the black market a few decades ago out of a sense of duty... I fought with many of my patients and almost got killed a few times.”

“A few years here and that kid's father joined me. Until then, only a small handful of carnivores were kind enough to help us. The only thing we could do was make sure we'd never get close to death.”

“So I trained my body and used my bamboo diet to get stronger and more durable,” Gouhin hinted, flexing his arm and showing off his large biceps that had Legoshi drop his ears with fear.

“In short, we're just a doctors with a strong and durable bodies,” Gouhin stated.

Taking a deep breath, Legoshi reached for the cup of tea.

He must be telling the truth about everything.

Legoshi took a sip and in an instant, a bitter-salty taste invaded his taste buds, prompting him to scrunch his nose at the horrible taste.

Gouhin laughed at his reaction, “How do you like my tea made with fresh bamboo leaves?”

Legoshi did not laugh at his sarcasm, it was not even funny to begin with. A question arose in his head, one that he had been wanting to ask since earlier.