Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6 : ᴡᴀʀᴍ ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ ʙʀᴇᴇᴢᴇ

"Oh, Roses?" Haru asked, while Shima moved his head up and down in a form of agreement.

She eyed the paper once more, "I have roses, but using too much red roses can be bad, they're poisonous." The rabbit spoke.

"Oh, they're poisonous?" The human remarked, he diverted his attention to the other two behind them. "What do you think guys?"

Um, um, what excuse do I make? Stomachache? Bathroom? Wait, how about 'I just remembered, I have some errands to make'.....Yeah.

"Oh, I..."

"I just remembered! I've got some errands to take care of!" his head whipped to his side where Kibi stood. "Sorry but, I need to get going."

Talk about twist of fate.

The wolf's knees bent into a crouching position to meet the anteater's eye level, "W-wait."

"Sorry Legoshi, I'll buy you an antshake so please, don't try to stop me.." But that doesn't explain why you're leaving! "I'll leave the rest to you, I owe you one" Kibi whispered.

"Wait.."

"Shima-kun?"

"Hm?"

"Are you sure they're okay? Do they not want the roses?"

"No, no, we need the roses. I just don't know what happened to those two..." the human scratched his head. They both stared at the wolf beg to the anteater for something they both couldn't make out.

The metal door emitted a loud bang whilst it slammed shut. The sound echoed through the rooftop. The rabbit's ears and the human's hair swayed through the warm breeze of air as no one dared make a move.

"Legoshi?" asked the human. Legoshi's fur started breaking fountains of sweat as the liquid clinged onto his fur and the human stared at him curiously.

Why are you talking to me? I don't even have the right to look at you or talk to you after what happened!..

"Legoshi!" Shima exclaimed, snapping his fingers in front of the wolf's face. Legoshi's train of thoughts broke as a snapping sound brought him back to reality. He looked down on the human, who's still eyeing him curiously. Only this time, much, much closer.

He felt warm blood rush to his cheeks. "Ah.. Umm." he stuttered. He gulped and looked down on the space between them. And when he saw it, he almost jumped out of his fur.

The human's smaller stature was only a mere inches away, it was so close that he could almostly feel the warmth radiationg off the human's skin. H-he's too close! Way too close!

"Rumors sure spread fast. He must've gotten scared of me."

They both redirected their gazes at her. "Hm?"

"Oh, I mean your little friend."

"Come" she waved over to the two "I'll show you the roses."

When Shima finally moved away from the wolf, he couldn't help but sigh in relief. "You coming Legoshi?" the human inquired as he stopped on his tracks. "Ah, Y-yes." he replied. He trudged to Shima, and when he has closed enough distance, the human gripped his arm and led him through the brick arch. "Come on!"

He felt even more blood rush into his cheeks. He eyed their entwined hands.

His hands are soft... I want to hold them forever.

"I have roses around, you guys can look for them... On one condition."

The human and the wolf gave her a confusing stare. "Condition?" the human inquired.