76

Artemis Samson
10:17 pm

Archer:
Ate

Are you still awake?

Artemis:
Hey. Yes, I am. What's up?

Archer:
Are you free this weekend? Saturday?

Artemis:
I guess so. Ihahatid ko lang si Arrow sa papa niya sa morning until Sunday siya ro'n, then I'll go to work until 5pm. Why?

Archer:
Let's have dinner in our house. With Mom.

I'm bringing my boyfriend, Ate.

Artemis:
What...

Oh, I'm not shocked about the boyfriend. I'm shocked that you are going to introduce him to Mom? Are you sure? Mom might not like it. I still remember how she threatened the girl you liked before. Partida hindi mo pa 'yon girlfriend ha pero gano'n na ang reaksyon ng mama natin.

What more if it's a boyfriend?

Archer:
I know Ate. I've been thinking about it and I'm scared too. But I don't want to keep my boyfriend from Mom. She needs to accept us, we need her approval. I don't want any problem with her, Ate.

I just...

I just want everything to be right and good between us. I love Kio so much, Ate...

And she already knows that I have a boyfriend. Hindi ko lang alam kung kilala ba niya kung sino

Artemis:
Huh? How did she know?

Archer:
She said she saw us on my condo when she visited.

She said that I should break-up with Kio, Ate. She said that I don't really love Kio and that Kio would just hurt me just like how Dad hurt her. I didn't argue with her, I just nodded, Ate as if I believed her.

I was even keeping Kio from visiting me and was thankful that I got so busy with my schoolworks because that means that I wouldn't be able to see him and Mom would think that we broke up.

But it was so painful, Ate. When he cried and asked if I still love him. When he wailed and said how he missed me so much and how he was so afraid that I don't love him anymore. Ate, it's so painful to see him crying like that thinking that I don't love him anymore

I was so coward, Ate. I don't want to be afraid anymore. I just need to face Mom and tell her everything and prove to her that Kio and I love each other so much

Ate... I don't want to lose him.

Artemis:
Oh my god, Archer... 🥺

I love you so much, baby. I am so sorry about Mom and Dad. I know it affected you so much. God, I'm so sorry for not being able to do anything because my family's broken too. I'm so sorry, baby.

And yes, I'll help you with Mom. I'll help the both of you in anyway possible.

I'm so proud that you are choosing yourself, Archer. I'm happy that you're gaining courage to stand up for you own feelings.

I can't wait to meet your boyfriend! Ako na ang maghahanda sa bahay, okay?

I can feel how you love him so much.

I'm happy. Please be strong, okay?

I'm here lang. I'll support you both.

Archer:
Thank you, Ate.

Artemis:
Always, Archer.