Strapping the seatbelt across your chest, you waited for him to start driving. The views blurring as the vehicle sped up, you silently leaned your head against the glass, listening to the miscellaneous sounds ringing from every corner.

The ride was filled of small talk -- about each other's day so far, how school was going, and all that jazz. When the engine finally rolled into a busy parking lot, you glanced at the surrounding shops. It was dazzling, taking your breath away. Sure, it was a shopping district as any other one, but the money surely rubbed off here. The streets were paved of beautiful orchid colored bricks and massive water fountains. Decorations and statues of professional crafted animals and symbols were placed here and there. The shops were of a ton of brand names. Even the customers themselves were dressed in high fashion, oozing off from their jewelry and clothes. You instantly felt out of place.

Getting out of the car, you followed Eito and walked down the streets, keeping an eye on the shops' names. Regarding the fact you had done research, you also made sure you knew which shops would provide you the materials needed. "So what is it that you need?" your companion asked.

"Oh, well I'm getting tu--" You halted midsentence, gaping like a stupid fish. He glanced at you in confusion, his brows knitted together. You had been close to expose you were getting tutored by Ginjirou and vice versa, but stopped yourself in time. For some reason, you didn't think telling him about it was a good idea. He disliked elites as much as you did, you were sure. Maybe you were assuming too much, but you feared he would grow angry if he knew. So shaking your head, you smiled easily. "Yes, I'm buying a few things for school. Also, some textbooks."

He inclined his head and you were glad to see he bought it. "Do you know where you want to go to first?"

"I know which shops I need to go to, but I'm not gonna lie, I don't know my way around anywhere."

Chuckling, he gave you a gentle pat on your shoulder. "Well, that's a good thing I'm here then. Tell me the names and I'll guide you right there."

That was exactly what you did. Quickly maneuvering through the area, he led you to one shop after another. There, you found bows, arrows, running shoes, hand wraps, wooden swords, and sporty outfits for the upcoming sweaty sessions. Then you arrived at a book store, which included books for education, unlike the library at your school. The scent of books kept you at ease and even after retrieving the books Ginjirou wanted himself, you couldn't stop yourself from delving through other books lining up the shelves. Heart racing inside, you grazed your finger against the binds, taking one after another. You ended up buying books for yourself as well.

You weren't going to lie. It was fun to shop and not have to worry about the bill. Back then, you would even stress through the littlest and basics of things, like food. This unwarranted freedom was quite the change from then, and now you understood why money can be so addicting to even the richest of people. They were never satisfied.

By the time your list was entirely checked off, you were hanging by a thread with the weight you had lugged around. Breathing in exhaustion, your unfortunate knees decided to buckle beneath you. Horrified, you began to stagger and as you tipped backwards, you were cushioned by a nice, hard wall. Except, it was not a wall. The chest belonging to said-wall rumbled against you and laughter spilled from the lips. "Give me a bag already. You can't hold it all."

Heat pouring upon your cheeks, you leaned forward and away from his body. "It's fine. I can do it."

"Stop being stubborn already," Eito said, still amused. Black locks of hair draped over shoulder, nearly scaring the shit out of you. While in your momentary daze of distraction, he took the chance to rip the bag out of your grip. "Better? Right? Now let's go to a cafe and grab some lunch."

"Hey! Give it back," you protested it. He held it out of your reach, shaking his head. "This is my stuff. I don't want to burden you of them. Don't you need to buy anything too?"

"Nope. I don't need anything."

You blinked. He accepted your invitation without needing to buy anything. Why would he do that? Wasn't this a waste of time for him?

Brushing those thoughts away, you finally allowed him to carry the bag. The two of you strolled through the streets, to find the cafe he wished to go to. Pushing the door open, the scent of coffee and tea filled your nose. You grinned in delight. Thank god he mentioned lunch; you were starving by now. And while you would eat, it was the perfect time to gain answers to your inquiries.

Getting in line, you soon ordered a cup of coffee and a sandwich. Once paid, you sat down at an open table. With no hesitance, you dove into your meal. Today had been so wonderful so far, it was almost hard to believe.

Drinking the warm coffee, you leaned on the back of seat and took in the blue skies, the people passing the cafe outside, the boy in front of you. It was definitely the perfect time to seek the answers you sought.