Prologue

Let us begin from the very start. In a large dense forest, existed a kingdom known as Eliquitor. It was ruled by King Freidrick Xavier the Third, my father. My mother, Queen Joane Mae was loved all throughout the land. Together, they had 5 daughters. Of course, father was disappointed that my mother could not bear a son but despite that, father made sure each daughter was to have a duty. I the oldest, Princess Roseanne Annette was set to marry one of the kingdom's greatest allies. Princess Marianne Genevieve was set to marry as well however, it is not what she longed for. Obviously you can imagine, the rest of my two sisters were set to marry and have a son. The third one, on the other hand, was supposed to be the ruler of our kingdom. Usually, it is the oldest who gets to be the next ruler in these types of monarchies but this was not the case in Eliquitor. Each of their daughters had a very specific trait that claimed them as a person. I longed to love someone by my own heart and not with the politics of kingdoms and allies. Mother always told me that she saw me as a gentle kind child with rosy cheeks. Marianne was the complete opposite. She was rogue and loved adventures. When mother, father, and even the maids weren't looking, she'd change from her dress into father's old armor and pretend to fight the knights. She'd also run into the forest and hunt birds, squirrels, and even boar! Our parents were not always pleased with that kind of behaviour because they believed a lady should be calm and poised. Princess Mariella Annalise, was all about books and writings. If you were to ever come upon her, well then check in the parlor! We call her Marnie for short. Princess Vivienne Diana, had a passion for entertainment. She loved balls, banquets, festivals, anything that surrounded her with people. Lastly, Princess Jeanne Masie was a leader. She loved making everyone run around her, she was sweet but a natural born leader, which I believe made father choose her as the next ruler. My sisters had always been very unique from the beginning and I think it would be valuable to shed some spotlight on each of them. But for now, this is a story from my perspective and now you shall see the world through the eyes of Princess Roseanne Annette of Eliquitor. Welcome to our kingdom.