She stared open mouthed at Raphael, words finding it difficult to make way out of her mouth.

"You don't have to behave this way towards me Raphael"Maya begged after finding her voice.

"Really?" Raphael asked with a dark chuckle.
"Ok wait you expected me to welcome you back with open arms on seeing you?" Raphael rhetorically asked, lowering the gun.

Maya shook her head frightfully.
"Open your mouth to speak bitch!" Raphael suddenly thundered causing Nicole and Maya to almost leap out of their skin.

"No Raphael"Maya uttered sorrowfuly.
Nicole could feel tears pooling in her own eyes as she watched.

"Filthy bitch! I hate you Maya. Seeing you just brought back memories that were never forgotten. Seeing you reopened wounds that were never healed" Raphael spat trying so hard not to choke Maya on the spot.

"I'm sorry Raphael"Maya cried bitterly,her knees buckling to the ground on its own accord.

Raphael clenched his fist in anger and the veins in his hands became so evident as he went as red as a bull.
"You are sorry? You are sorry Maya!? Huh? God, I hate you so much! You really expected me to be happy on seeing you after everything you did to me Maya? After how you would abuse me emotionally, physically and mentally? Other kids my age would always run to their mother even Dante could count on Camilla but my own mother was my worst enemy. Damn! You tortured me every single day of my life till the day you finally divorced your husband and ran off to Germany with your lover. You never cared about me. I---i--you birthed me Maya!"

  Maya cried more and more listening to Raphael let out all his built up anger and resentment for her over the years.
Nicole on the other hand had begun sobbing. She wasn't even brave enough to touch Raphael as he looked so enraged.

"Raphael I am so sorry for every thing. I really am"Maya whispered.

Raphael could feel stray tears rushing to his eyes. He gave a pained smile and shook his head. "You know maya even with your endless abuse, I yearned for the day you would actually tell me you loved me as your son. But you never did. Infact you were the most happy whenever some thing bad happened to me. You made it known to me day after day and night after night that you hated me right from the bottom of your heart"

"What sort of a mother hates and tortures her own son whom she birthed? What sort of a mother starves her own son? What sort of a mother wishes her own son dead?" Raphael added crouching down to face Maya.

Maya was speechless and tongue tied. She couldn't give a reply to Raphael's question. Hearing it all made her feel hatred for her own self. She couldn't believe she did all this to her innocent son and abandoned her family for a lover who ended up betraying her and ripping her off her entire savings.

"I never asked to be born Maya" Raphael cooly said, standing up and facing the clouds.
"I never asked to be brought into this goddamn world. So what was the need of bringing me into the world if all you would ever show me was hatred? Now you are appearing out of the blue telling me you are sorry for everything and you really expect me to just forgive you? You must be a very big fool if you think that"

"I know you won't forgive me Raphael...I know...I know I am the worst mother on earth. Raphael I just want you to know that I truly am sorry and for the past twenty years I've been thinking of you my son"

"What happened to your German lover?" Raphael mischievously asked with a sadistic grin.

"We ended things a long time ago. He left me and uhm also dissapered with my savings. I was stranded in Germany. I had to live from hand to mouth.
When I finally saved enough to travel out, I was too ashamed to come to Italy. I couldn't face you nor my father; Armani and my ex husband; Micheal. I couldn't even face Alessio; my brother. I had to come to my mother's side here in Havana to cover up my shame"