Chapter 46 - Enmu's Nightmare

Start from the beginning

"INOSUKE!" He yelled.

Tanjiro made it in time to intercept the stab but wasn't quick enough to do anything but make himself a human shield. He felt the cold steel of the knife break open the skin of his stomach and drive deep through the protective layers of tissue.

The pain was immediate. Intense, sharp and instant, his stomach felt as though it was being ripped open. Tanjiro reacted quickly and struck the man hard in the neck, knocking him out instantly.

Inosuke turned around and noticed the knife sticking out of Tanjiro's stomach.

"You got stabbed?" Inosuke asked, showing something the resembled concern.

"Yes, but it's fine." Tanjiro said.

He then began to drag the unconscious man's body away from the centre of the bowl.

"Are you serious? Forget about that worthless trash." Inosuke said angrily.

"No! I won't let him die." Tanjiro replied.

"We need to focus, this demon is going to be hard to beat, stop wasting time." Inosuke said.

"It will be fine. Do not worry." Tanjiro said.

As soon as Tanjiro uttered those famous last words, the fleshy bowl began to reform. Massive tendrils emerged from the sides of the bowl, forming almost a roof of flesh. The hands the demon had previously used to ensnare Inosuke reappeared from the rood and began to descend on the two boys.

The two quickly launched into action, dodging some and slicing through others.

The hands continued to spawn and attack relentlessly, forcing the two to begin climbing out of the bowl. They managed to exit the bowl and took a moment to breathe. Their brief moment was interrupted as more tendrils attacked the two. Seeing no other option the two leaped into the air in order to dodge.

The demon lashed out with more tendrils, attempting to swipe them while they were still in the air. Inosuke and Tanjiro adapted to the attacks and began to slash the incoming tendrils. The demon responded by retracting the tendrils, sending the boys into a free fall.

The boys sense another spike in demonic energy and four large flesh pillars emerged from the base of the bowl. Tanjiro readied his blade to cut the pillars, but an immense amount of powerful blue eyes emerged from the flesh.

No. If I fall asleep now, Inosuke will be by himself, I have to close my eyes. Tanjiro thought.

"STUPID EYES!" Inosuke yelled.

Tanjiro turned to look at the yelling Inosuke and saw the boy slashing at the eyes crazily.

"FOLLOW ME, DON'T FALL ASLEEP." Inosuke demanded.

Inosuke began to run down one of the flesh pillars, slashing and destroying the eyes in front of him. Tanjiro followed the path, not having to worry about being put to sleep.

"Synchronise our breathing, this is our chance." Tanjiro said.

"JUST MAKE SURE YOU CUT THROUGH THE BONE, I'LL TAKE CARE OF THE FLESH!" Inosuke responded.

The running descent gave the boys a tonne of momentum.

Inosuke leaped from the pillar and raised his swords high above his head.

"Beast Breathing, Fourth Fang: Slice 'n' Dice!" Inosuke yelled.

Landing on the base of the bowl Inosuke delivered to consecutive, powerful diagonal slashes. The flesh floor was completely shredded, leaving the neck bone completely exposed. The demon roared in pain again.