but i currently only have 40 bucks in my account. i cant afford the medicine to feed what i need!

"hurry up bro! i have work in 30 minutes!!"

"ok fine ill do it!" i stood up and stuck my hand out for him to shake. he just brushed me off and asked for the money. i handed him the due amount before hopping in the car.

kellins gonna be so happy to hear the good news!!

i tap my hands on the steering wheel to the beat of the song playing. Hefner by some girl named tana mongeau. she dropped off a bunch of her CDs infront of the school on Friday. im digging it.

i drive over the train tracks, entering the bad side of town.

theres an immediate difference. the buildings are run down and abandoned. homeless people are sleeping on cracked sidewalk. hookers standing against graffiti covered walls.

thank god for the poverty problem in the country! otherwise people like me wouldnt be able to take advantage of people like them.

i park the car in a walmart parking lot making sure to hide any valuables.

i look odd carrying a childrens backpack around, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

but i cant shake the feeling that im being followed,,, or watched?..

i miss kellin. talking to smelly strangers is fun in all, but i wish i was talking to my smelly kelly bear.

so as im walking between corners i call him.

"hi sweetie!"

"Viccy!!! i was just thinking about you!" he squeels. i smile.

"awww thats so sweet! so, whats up?"

"nothing much,, just super bored.. what about you?"

"working."

"working?.." he pauses for a moment, "but it sounds like you're outside.. is the door open or something?"

should i tell the truth? i shouldnt lie to him,,, but i dont want him to get involved... its dangerous.

"vic?"

"its cus im doing a different type of work."

"what work?" his bubbly personality persistent

i let out a nervous chuckle, "retail.... for ronnie.."

"UR DEALING DRUGS VIC??!!" he whisper yelled

"yes kellin, i need the money. do you want me to take the necklace i gave you to a pawn shop?"

"NO!" he screamed

"haha, fine i wont. but you cant judge me for selling drugs kels. its a noble profession."

i reached the corner i had in mind and perched up against a wall. this is where ill sell.

"really?.."

"yes really. how would you feel if all the coke sellers just stopped because it was "immoral" and "illegal"... the world would fall apart!" i scolded him... he needs to be put in his place.

"oh yeah huh... guess i wasnt thinking.."

"no. you werent. youre never thinking!"

"im sorry.."

silence fell over us

".....if you have nothing else to say ill just go.. i have more important things to do." i snarked

"i love you" came through the speakers as i hung up.

i look up from my phone to see a decrepit man limping towards me.

my first customer!!

"uhh.." the man looked all around us before continuing, "do you have any...." he looked around a few more times, "sweet delicious nose clams?"

"i-" i paused......

what!?

he looked at me with a blank stare. only breaking contact to routinely check our surroundings.

"uhm,,, i have no fucking clue as to what ur talking about.. but i do have pcp!"

"that works!" his hoarse voice croaked. a big smile over came his face, revealing many missing teeth.

i grabbed him by the shoulder and lead him into an alleyway.

we quickly established how much he was buying, and exchanged goods.

"whats your name?" i asked while counting the money.

"why?!" he stopped crushing the pills as a suspicious demeanor returned to the frail man

"just curious man! im not a threat!" i assured him

"oh... uhh.. ok.. i guess i can trust you.." he fished a pipe out of his coat pocket and quickly packed some angel dust inside it, "people call me rickety cricket,"

i put the money in my pocket, "your parents named you rickety cricket? what are you? a boat?" i laughed to myself

"watch it," he flicked his lighter at me, "its a nickname idiot."

i said, "oh," as he took a deep inhale of the drug.

"we done here?" i said, more as a demand than a question, after he fell onto a pile of trash in bliss.

"yeah! pleasure doing business with you vic!" he stuck out a shakey hand for me to shake.

i took it in a firm grasp and helped him out of the pile of trash. "pleasures all mine.."

i immediately turned around and walked away.

guess ill try down the street now, theres bound to be more street urchins around here.

after a few more hours of waiting around, i sold a total of 90 bucks worth. this is gonna be harder than i thought...

feeling defeated, and exhausted, i got in the car and drove home.

i NEED to see my kelly bear

A/n

short chapter. been in a rut. gonna try to get this to come to a close soon. wish me luck.