Drawings

Soulmate au that whatever is drawn on your arm ends up on your soulmates arm.

Inspiration from 'Dreamwalking in Lavender Feilds' (Dnf and Skephalo) by @sofyzin

Tw: scars, implication of self-harm and unhealthy coping methods, a few pov changes

Dream examined the pattern on his arm as he and Sapnap waited for George. Sapnap had spent a long time practicing on his arm to get it right for his soulmate. His friends matching one was visible on his own arm as they were both wearing t-shirts due to the Floridian heat. People walking by assumed they were soulmates, but neither cared, knowing it wasn't true.

He was pacing, wringing his hands as they waited for their best friend to hop off the plane. Sapnap sat typing on his phone, and due to the crinkles around his eyes, suggesting he was smiling, he assumed it was Karl, his suspected soulmate.

The dry air of the airport was beginning to get to Dream, short and staggered breaths becoming more frequent as he picked at the skin surrounding his nails. The mask he was wearing didn't help the situation in the slightest.

He had every right to be panicking though.

His best friend, crush and hopefully soulmate was nearly here. About to see his face for the first time, about to hug him for the first time.

Sapnap wasn't bothered, having met George already, but could sense his friends freak-out, as it was an obvious thing to everyone around them. He slipped his phone in his pocket and walked over to him, wrapping his arms around him tightly to stop his movements. Dream hugged back, burying his face in his hair, and meting into the embrace.

During his freak outs, which weren't an uncommon thing due to the recent news of George's visit, touch was the best way to calm Dream down, and Sapnap knew this, having to stop most of them as they happened. He knew he didn't see quite a few of them, Dream sometimes opting to stay in his room as they began, dealing with them by calling Bad or a few times George, or dealing with them unhealthily.

They stayed in their embrace for a little while longer until they heard a quiet voice.

"Hey guys."

-----

George was terrified.

His leg bounced up and down as he waited for his plane to land. The aircraft was stuffy and wearing a mask made this no easier. (Yes I hate masks, get over it)

But the same amount of longing he held to exit the plane was matched with his desire to stay on it. To not meet Dream. To not reveal to the guy he had liked for so long that he wished they were more than friends. That he was in fact, not straight as everyone believed he was.

He knew he had to. He wanted too as well. Coming out to Sapnap, Karl, Quackity and Tina while they were in England had gone very well. They had given their congratulations, added more teasing about Dreamnotfound, and then moved on with their life. Treating him with little difference.

And he knew he had no choice but to exit the plane as it would be difficult to go back to England if he didn't. He knew he had to walk down to collect his bags and meet his best friend for the first time. And see Sapnap again, of course.

So, he did just that. Each step closer to the baggage claim where they had agreed to meet he wanted to run back more. Wrapping his arms closer to his chest, he pulled down his hoodie sleeves to repress the urge. He hadn't looked at his arms since he was in England, so if something had been drawn on them, he wouldn't know.

There had been very little drawings on his arms his whole life, although he'd sobbed as the cuts and scars appeared more recently. He didn't know what his soulmate was going through, but he had an overwhelming feeling to hug them when they first met. 'Soulmate Touch' it was called. When you first touch and you can tell, your life feels a little brighter and you feel fireworks. Some people's eyes flashed too or literal sparks exploded.