Eighteen

Alex

Alex

I was in a deep sleep, still coming down from a euphoric high, thanks to Joker; who sexed me until the sun came up. I could still feel his hands and mouth all over my body, making me shiver with delight, as I slowly opened my eyes. To my surprise, I was back in my bedroom, with no recollection of when or how I got here. Surely Joker didn't carry me back in here? And I know for a fact that my Dad would have lost his shit, had he found me and Joker in bed together.

"Alex!" I heard, as I slowly sat up. Speak of the devil. My body was extremely sore, but in the best way possible. "Alex, wake up!" There was a frantic knock at the door, before my Dad, Uncle Robin, and Alfred barreled their way into my bedroom.

"Whoa, where's the fire?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"Where is he?"

"Where is who?" My Dad rushed towards the bathroom, while Uncle Robin checked my closet. "What are you guys doing?"

"Joker's gone." My Dad said.

"What?" I questioned. "No...that can't be, I literally just saw him! Last night, I mean."

"It's true, Alex. When I went to deliver his breakfast and morning pain pill, I discovered that his room was empty. Although...he did leave this for you." Alfred said, handing me a piece of paper. My heart started racing. Whenever notes from Joker were left...it's usually a bad sign.

"What's it say?" My Dad asked. I didn't respond. I just stared down at the paper, too nervous to open it, because deep down...I already knew what it said. "Alex?"

"I can't." I murmured, handing it to him. He opened the letter and immediately looked up at me. "What? What does it say?"

"It says...I'm sorry and...goodbye."

"That's it? Just I'm sorry and goodbye?" Uncle Robin scoffed. "You know...you risked a lot to help him! You both did, and he clearly doesn't appreciate everything you guys have done!"

"Robin..." My dad began, but Uncle Robin continued his rant, while I slowly eased out of bed, and walked over towards my window. So I'm guessing last night was just a late night rendezvous, before he went back to his life. How is it that he looks the part, but I'm always the one that ends up looking like a clown? I thought maybe after our talk...he would've considered us finally being together. I thought...well...I guess it doesn't matter what I thought, because clearly...I thought wrong. I understand him wanting to protect me and the girls, by keeping us at arms length, but why keep putting us through all of this? No matter how hard we try to stay away from each other, we always seemed to find a way back to one another. It's what I like to call a toxic cycle. Where we stay far away from each other, I finally start to move on with my life, then BAM! Joker comes back into my life and I'm sucked back into our old cycle, that always seems to end whenever we get into bed together. Maybe that's all I am. Just a fuck doll that he can get his rocks off with, impregnate, and go about his business as usual; while I'm stuck with constant reminders of him, in little baby forms. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughters to death, but sometimes...I wish they had a different daddy. I mean at this point...I would've settled for Kane being their father, may he burn in hell.

"Alex?" I snapped out of my thoughts, closing my eyes for a minute, feeling the tears fall down my face. Joker admitted that I was his weakness, but the truth of the matter is...he was also mine. "Look Alex, I know this is hard, but-"

"No! No, you don't know! Nobody knows how I feel or what I'm going through, so just don't!" I snapped, cutting him off. "I should've let him die!"

"You don't mean that." He murmured, setting me completely off.

"YES I DO! I DO MEAN IT!" I punched the window as hard as I could, sending my fist right through it. "Maybe if I had let him die, I wouldn't be standing here feeling worthless and sorry for myself, like I always seem to do!"

"Listen kid, we understand that you're upset, but that clown isn't worth getting angry over!" Uncle Robin chimed in. "He doesn't deserve you, Alex. He didn't deserve you then and he doesn't deserve you now." I looked down at my bleeding hand, allowing the tears to resume as I slowly fell to my knees. Both my Dad and Uncle Robin rushed over to console me, while Alfred went to go get the first aid kit.

"Can you give us a moment alone?" My Uncle Robin nodded and stood up, leaving me and my dad alone, as he wrapped his arms around me. "I got you, okay? I won't allow him to hurt you anymore."

"I hate him so much!" I cried.

"I know. Which is why I think...we should leave Gotham." He said, making me look up at him.

"What?"

"Hear me out. You're never going to get over Joker if you stay here, and I believe you and the girls deserve a fresh start. I've devoted most of both my life and yours protecting the people of Gotham, which consumed all of my time and energy, but not anymore. I should've done this a long time ago, but Alex...this time I'm choosing you. I'm choosing our family." I could tell that he was serious, which made me so happy, but...I couldn't let him give up everything for me. Not again.

"As much as I love that idea...Gotham is our home, and you and I both know that nobody can protect these people the way that you and Uncle Robin can." I told him. "I'd love nothing more than to take my daughters away from this place, but this is the only home I've ever known and I want to raise my kids here."

"You have grown into such a beautiful, smart, intelligent young woman; partially thanks to me of course, but...I'm proud of you and if at any time you want to take me up on my offer...just say the word and we're gone." He assured me. I smiled a little and nodded my head, allowing him to hug me tight. "Now, let's get you cleaned up. And don't think you're getting away with breaking that window, young lady." I laughed a little, standing up, as we walked out of my room. As much as I appreciate my Dad for wanting to take me away from all of this...I wasn't ready to leave just yet. At least...not until I gave Joker a piece of my mind and that's exactly what I plan on doing.