yellowfang x fem! reader

request by @0AnnaChance0! go give them some love <3

y/n hissed as she padded into shadowclan's medicine cat den. she had been out, stuck on a stupid patrol by foxheart, a fitting name for the rather idiotic she-cat. y/n limped in, her paw was quite sore, and bleeding.

"hmph.. back in here again, i see?" yellowfang looked up from her nest, trying to get a bit of shut-eye. it was either silent as death, or filled with 4-5 cats all clamoring for attention and help. she quite needed the rest.

"you know it. a normal cat would've figured out i'm quite clumsy a long time ago, haha." the warrior purred, chuckling at her own stupidity. "starclan, y/n. you never seem to catch a break from foxheart. raggedstar isn't going too hard on you, is he?" yellowfang asked, as she stood up to fetch the required herbs.

"no, of course not! he seems a bit more laid-back, actually, now that foxhearts there to bark orders and boss every cat around. it's quite annoying, i actually wish he'd do something about it.." y/n slid into a nest, hiding a smile at yellowfang's scent. it was very comforting, and made her happy.

"glad to hear it, love. i used to care a lot for raggedstar, but it's frowned upon for me to have pushed it even further. of course, i've found another one.. helplesss romantic, what can i say? the medicine cat code can't control ALL of my feelings." yellowfang purred, inspecting the paw. "hm. looks pretty deep in, you ready for this?" she changed the subject.

"ugh. i'm gonna regret being born, aren't i?" y/n frowned as yellowfang suddenly bit onto the thorn, yanking it out quickly. "AH! don't do that! that hurts... ow." y/n yelped. yellowfang spat out the thorn, swiping her jaws tentatively. "that thorn was quite bitter. pleh."

"you alright, dearie? my apologies, i must say i only did it because it's just like ripping cobwebs off. the quicker, the better." yellowfang cringed at the amount of blood on the paw, but it was an easy fix. "give that a good lick."

"starclan, you're starting to sound like foxheart.. anyways. spill. who's the new cat you've got a crush on?" y/n flicked her tail, smirking. yellowfang froze, her fur raising a bit. "n-nobody important.." she felt her stomach drop nervously, as her heart gave a little flutter.

"that's good. i say i fit that criteria quite well.." y/n giggled as yellowfang turned away, embarrassed. she quickly grabbed some cobwebs, turning back around and quickly wrapping the paw. "what would you know about my standards? hm?" yellowfang flicked an ear, raising her gaze to meet y/n's.

"go ahead, tell me about them." y/n grinned, finally able to put her paw down comfortably. yellowfang sighed. "well, she has the most beautiful f/c fur-" "she? ahem.. continue." y/n interrupted, clamping her jaw shut. "and she's very clumsy. it's very adorable."

"gee.. i don't think i know any cats as clumsy as i am." y/n frowned, staring at her paws. yellowfang cranked the wheels in her head, before deciding. "and she has pretty, very very pretty eyes."

y/n still had a baffled look on her face. yellowfang took initiative, lifting the other she-cat's chin up to look at her. "you're really dumb, y/n, you know that? it's you, darling. you are the most idiotic, clumsy, well-mannered, hard-working she-cat i've ever known. and i've fallen head-over-paws for you. take it or leave it.."

y/n thought for a moment, picking at her paws nervously. "i'll need some time. give me a second.."

yellowfang sighed. of course. "right... i'll admit, that's a lot."

y/n then looked back up. "it's been a second! of course i love you too, idiot."