Chapter Twenty Two || Posters

Start from the beginning

"Not too well." I pause for a moment. "It kinda seems like he's turning his grief into anger. He's mainly angry at his father and C.C," I say and Henry raises a brow. "Why would he be mad at C.C?" He questions. "Well, he thinks that it's C.C's fault that Elizabeth is missing. He says that C.C could have done something, but didn't." I explain and the man hums. "Ah, well, I guess I see where he's coming from. Ever since Charlie was found dead I've been so angry at myself. Thinking of all the ways I could have prevented it," He says, his knuckles turning white as he grips the steering wheel.

I sunk into the chair. "Um..I thought you said she was missing..." I said quietly. He lets out a sigh. "Oh, yeah. I didn't want to scare C.C and Michael. They are, er- were quite close to Charlie. Plus their sister was missing. It would be cruel to say that," He said, his mouth stretching into a thin line. "Oh...I'm sorry," I whispered and he waved me off. "It's okay. You didn't have anything to do with it. I just hope that the monster who hurt my daughter pays."

Silence fell over us again, almost more awkward than before. I mean, how do you react to someone telling you about the death of their daughter? He suddenly chuckles. "Ah, sorry about that. I didn't mean to make this awkward. So, you and Michael, huh?" He nudges me, my face flushing slightly. "Yeah? What about us?" I question, keeping my gaze focused on the window. He laughs again. "Oh, c'mon. You know what I'm talking about. You two were asleep on each other. I also saw the way you blushed when he hugged you," The man teased.

I let out a groan, sinking further into the car seat. "We're just friends. I don't like him like that. I'm also not used to people other than my cousin hugging me, so it was...I don't know, flustering." I explain and he smirks, nodding. "Uh-huh, sure. Very convincing. Anyways, we're here. I'll walk you in." The car slows to a stop in front of my house, Henry pulling the keys out and exiting it. I follow suit.

The two of us walk up to the door and I turn the knob, sighing as the door opens. I see my mother on the couch, her knees pulled to her chest as she stares at the television with intense concentration. "Um- mother..?" I questioned and she snapped her head to me, startled. "Oh! Jesus, (Y/N)! Don't scare me like that....O-oh. Who's this?" The woman inquires, brushing her hair down with her hand and putting on a charming smile. I look behind me at Henry who smiles back with a wave. I glance back to my mother, noticing a blush spreading across her face. I gape.

"Mom! He's my boss!" I say with disbelief, earning a scoff. "Yes, and he is a very attractive man! Just because you don't have a love life doesn't mean I can't have one!" She says back, crossing her arms. I throw my hands up. "You're one to talk! You got divorced- You know what, no! I'm going to my room! Sorry about my mother, Henry." I disappear around the corner as the man chuckles, saying that it was perfectly fine.

I heard their voices from my room, but didn't listen, burying my face in my pillow instead. It was a long day. I missed Elizabeth, but I didn't believe that she was gone. There was no way she was dead. My hand balled into a fist as I thought. We would find her.

-------------

My eyebrows furrowed as I made it to Fredbear's Family Diner, the lights shut off and the parking lot empty. I noticed a figure in front of the doors, quickly recognizing him as Mr. Afton. When he saw me, he perked up, a small smile on his face. "Ah, (Y/N). I was waiting for you." He said and I nodded, stopping in front of him. "Fredbear's is closed for today along with Circus Baby's. In fact, I'm most likely going to shut down Circus Baby's, but don't worry, Fredbear's isn't closing anytime soon. It's just been...hectic with the recent events. Sorry, I didn't inform you yesterday. I was so wrapped up with Michael. Stubborn boy..." He explained, mumbling the last part. "Ah...okay. That's completely understandable." I rub the back of my neck, slightly uncomfortable.