Chapter Seven || Photo Booth

Loud music blared through the establishment, matching the bright neon lights flashing above us. Multiple arcade machines were littered throughout the place, other teenagers and kids playing them. "Come on, guys! Let's go get coins!" Frederick says, making his way over to the front counter. "Okay, okay. Slow down," Simon responds, following the boy. When the five of us make it to the counter, Simon pays for enough coins for all of us, being given to us in little paper cups.

Michael nudges me with a smirk. "Remember when you gave me those free coins," He said and I rolled my eyes. "That was yesterday. And I already regret my decision," I respond, crossing my arms. "If only C.C wasn't so cute." I sigh and the boy snickers.

The five of us run around the arcade and find games to play. I pause beside 'Space Duel' and grab the back of Michael's collar, causing him to stop too. "Huh?" He hums and I point to the arcade machine, a grin spreading across my face. He smirks in response. "You wanna go?" He asks, cracking his knuckles. "Hell yeah," I say back, doing the same.

The two of us put coins into the machine and it boots up, telling us to ress the big button to join the game. We both press the button and the game starts. The two of us mash the buttons and our scores rack up. After a few minutes of shooting the shapes floating down the screen, Michael's space ship gets hit, causing 'Player One Wins!' to show up on the screen. "Yes!" I cheer, sending him a smug look.

Michael rolls his eyes and groans. "It's a stupid game, anyways." He mutters. I give him an amused look. "Really? Because I distinctly remember you telling me that there was no way I could b-" He cuts me off by placing a finger against my lips, and I look down at his finger before shifting my gaze back up to his face. I quickly bite down on his finger, hard enough to make him pull back his hand, but not hard enough to hurt him. The boy rips his hand away from me with a grimace.

"Ow! Jeez, maybe you're the furry here," He says, wiping his finger off on his shorts. I smirk at him. "Nah. Can't be more of a furry than you," I shrug. "Bro, you just bit me!" He points out, holding up his index finger as if to show me proof. I looked at his finger, which had a small indent of my teeth on it, and placed my hand on my hip. "Yeah? And you growled at me the first time we met!" I exclaim.

"It was a growl of annoyance! Everybody does that!" He defends, waving his hands around. "Mhmm. I've only heard you do it," I say, crossing my arms. He rubs his face and groans. "Whatever, man. Let's go find the others," He says, walking past me and I follow him.

We looked around the place for the others and eventually found them talking outside of a photo booth. "C'mon, Simon! It's just a photo!" Frederick whined, shaking the boy by his shoulders. Before the boy could respond, Michael cut in. "What's going on?" He questions, looking between the two. "Oh, guys! Look, Mark and I want to go into the photo booth with everyone because, you know, memories! But Simon doesn't want to. You guys agree with me, right!?" Frederick explains, giving us a pleading look.

Michael smirks and places one of his hands on his hips. "I think it's a good idea! It'll be funny, too." He says, shifting his gaze to look at me. I squinted my eyes at him. I don't know what that means and I'm not going to try to find out. I look at the small photo booth and cringe. "There is literally no way all five of us are fitting in there..." I point out and Simon perks up. "My point exactly," He says, crossing his arms.

"Whatever, dude. We're going in whether you like it or not!" Mark chimes in, grabbing Simon's collar and pulling him into the booth with him. "Bro! Let go of me!" The boy shouts, swatting his hand as he disappears behind the curtain. Frederick happily follows them, pulling back the curtain to reveal Mark forcing Simon to sit down. As Michael followed them in, the machine turned on, counting down from five. I debated walking away, but before I could, Michael tugged my arm and caused me to stumble into the booth.