Chapter Twelve || Drama

Arms wrapped around me in a tight hug and I let out a surprised squeak, holding the plaster of food above my head. "(Y/N)! My bestie!" The familiar boy exclaimed, smiling at me. "Sev! I'm going to drop the food! Let go of me!" I hissed at him and he chuckled, letting go of me. "Okay, okay. Sorry," He said, rubbing the back of his neck. "I just missed you."

I playfully rolled my eyes, a smirk on my face. "It's only been five days since I last saw you," I reminded him and he groaned. "Yeah, I know! But life is so boring without my bestie!" He exclaimed dramatically, placing the back of his hand against his forehead to further exaggerate his point. "Okay, Shakespeare. I need to go serve a table," I tell him and he pouts, but doesn't complain.

I wave to him before making my way to the table I was serving, placing their food down on the table before moving back to the kitchen. When I enter the room, I freeze. On the floor was Chris with a mess of food around them, AJ standing over them. "Hey! Stay away from Chris!" I shout, rushing over to them. AJ gives me a surprised look before scoffing. "I didn't do anything to them. They just fell. If you didn't notice, I'm trying to help," He told me and I noticed the platter in his hands. I narrowed my eyes.

"Either way, don't mess with Chris," I threaten, helping said person to stand up. "Wasn't planning on it...pimp," He mumbled the last part, but I heard him. I whipped my head towards him, a glare on my face. "Pimp!?" I repeat and he laughs at me. "Well, yeah. You seem to be dating multiple men with the way I see you around school," He explains and I open my mouth to snap at him, being interrupted by Chris.

"She isn't dating them, they're friends. You know there is such a thing as platonic relationships, right? Guess you wouldn't since you don't seem to have any friends," Chris retorts with a glare and AJ and I go silent, staring at them in shock. Damn. Their eyes widen and they slap their hand over their mouth, mumbling an apology. "Wow, don't apologize! He deserves it," I say and AJ grumbles, crouching down to pick some of the food off the ground.

Chris and I began helping him, because even though I did hate him, food is a hassle to clean up and it would be shitty to leave him to clean it up alone. When we were finally finished cleaning up, I washed my hands in the sink, rubbing all the grime of my fingers. Suddenly, the kitchen door slammed open and a little kid ran in, followed by Alana and Lucy.

"Jerome! I've told you time and time again, you can't be back here!" Alana exclaimed as the kid ducked behind some shelves, knowing adults were too big to fit back there. "Yeah, but I want to!" He whined. The kid had short, almost buzzed, black hair and was wearing a blue polo shirt, exposing some of his dark skin. He looked around eleven years old. "That doesn't matter! If you keep doing this you might get me fired! And you wouldn't want your sister to get fired, now would you?" Alana says, crouching down beside the shelf with a stern look on her face.

Silence followed before the little kid stepped out with a pout on his face. Elizabeth and him would get along great. Alana smiled and patted his head. Lucy scooped him up in a hug and began to carry him out of the kitchen. "I love you, Jerome, but you need to stop causing so much trouble!" Lucy scolded as they left. Alana let out a sigh and stood up, looking over at the three of us. "Sorry about that (Y/N), Christy, and AJ. My brother is a rascal sometimes," She joked, placing a hand on her hip.

Chris grumbled at the use of their deadname, but didn't speak up. "Oh, Alana. Can you refer to them as Chris? It's not an official name, but it works for the time being until we come up with a better name for them," I explain to her and a small smile spreads across her face. "Yeah, of course. If you need any tips on coming up with names, I got you! The name Alana didn't spark out of nowhere, you know?" She sent us a wink before leaving the room.

It was silent for a moment before AJ spoke up. "Wow. She's kinda hot-" I sent him a glare. "Shut up, AJ."

----------------