◦༻ 29...Life's Misfortune

Comenzar desde el principio

Hua Cheng swerved E-Ming downwards and jumped back a few meters. Y/n spun the lotus sword around his finger before closing off that distance. The sound of the steel of the blades ringing out against each other shook the ground the force was so strong.

It seemed that wasn't only the blade and amount of brute force the two were using against each other, also the passion between them that each other refused to acknowledge.

Y/n always felt he wasn't significant to Hua Cheng, after all his beloved is Xie Lian. But Y/n didn't know Da Hong's full backstory, or his, he didn't know anymore. All Y/n could process was the consistent sound and feeling of their blades colliding.

The lack of communication between Y/n and the people in his past life drew him up the wall, it had gotten both of them into such unnecessary situations that could've been avoided if they had just talked.

CLANG!

CLANG!

CLANG!

That's all that anyone within a six mile radius could hear. It made Y/n's heart ache, knowing that he completely screwed Hua Cheng over in one life and was about to do it in this one as well.

The odds weren't in anyone's favor, it was a bland, empty, grueling, and lacking battle between the two. Only a vacant smile from Life and a confused glare from Crimson Rain. Hua Cheng wanted answers, Y/n didn't want to give them in fear he would be left with nothing yet again. Back where he started, on that sandy island, nothing to lose and nothing to win.

Thinking back to that day so long ago, where all this madness started. It sank Y/n's heart to wonder about everything he went through only to end up here. He was still lacking of answers, but feeling as if he was too greedy to ask for more. He already was life, why would he dare ask for more answers, he had everything at his fingertips. The only fear he was supposed to have was for the day that someone would kick him off his throne and replace him, which was supposed to happen anyway. He still maintained a never ending smile.

He was undeserving.

Y/n was an undeserving soul.

All this love, was overall won over by Da Hong, not him.

Da Hong was deserving. Not Y/n.

───༻ ❍ ༺───

Da Hong strongly disagreed.

As he was being chased by Feng Xin, the man he had nearly gotten killed in his mortal life (on accident, keep that in good mind), he thought about when Y/n had said those words to him.

It shocked him that Y/n would offer up Pei Ming's love to him, since he was the "originator" of all that. Y/n didn't do it because he didn't want to deal with Pei Ming, he did it because he felt Da Hong deserved it more.

Da Hong wanted to flip a table when Y/n brought it up to him. Because that's what he would've thought as well, that's what he used to think whenever he received pleasures in his mortal years. He didn't want Y/n to go through that same stage, depriving himself of any affection he earned.

Sure Da Hong was the one everyone had originally caught an eye for, but Y/n keened their interest further. Y/n went through a lot to get to where he is, and he's going to go through more to establish some sort of peace in his life.

Y/n was deserving, Da Hong was deserving.

Everyone seemed to know it except for Y/n himself.

That was Da Hong's last thought before an arrow drove through his shoulder and he collapsed.

───༻ ❍ ༺───