Chapter 20

NARRATORS POV

"Alright so let me get this right?" says the nurse, looking between the two people in front of her.

"You are the child's father?" she asks, pointing to Scarlett. She says doubtfully

"Yes, I-"

Tyson abruptly cuts Scarlett off, saying, "no, she's not, I'm the father."

Scarlett notices Tyson out of the corner of her eye and takes a few steps toward him, putting her directly in front of him.

"Unless you fucked y/n 9 months ago, which I doubt because she was basically with me 24/7 back then and she never mentioned you, let alone thought about you. So I believe it is safe to say that I am the father."

Tyson simply squints at Scarlett "You must be joking if you believe that just because you got y/n pregnant automatically qualifies you to be a parent. After you left, y/n could barely leave the house, let alone take care of herself, but it's a good thing Melissa and I were there to support her. how about you? You were all the way across the country doing god knows what so don't stand here and say you're the father like you care," he scoffs, pointing to Scarlett's chest.

"If I had known she was pregnant, I would not have left her in the first place; I would have found a way to-" Scarlett flicks Tyson's hand away from her chest.

Tyson chuckles, cutting Scarlett off once more, "found a way to what? huh? Scarlett, please do us both a favour and return to your happy life with your child and husband. In fact, where have they gone? It always seems like you're leaving them behind, which isn't surprising, but I'm not sure what their names are.... oh yeah, Colin and Rose probably miss you terribly.

Scarlett shoves Tyson, causing him to stumble backwards. "Don't you dare say my daughter's name again," Scarlett says.

The nurse inserts herself between the two arguing parties. "I'd advise you both to stop this nonsense bickering before I call security to deal with you both."

As Tyson and Scarlett hear this, they slowly separate from one another, and the nurse looks between them, saying, "and from the argument that I heard between you two, it does appear that Ms.Johnson here is the biological father, which means I will grant her access to see the patient."

Scarlett has a big smile on her face. "Thank you very much; however, how do you know my last name? I don't recall telling you my name."

The nurse swats her hand in the air. "Oh please, as if I wouldn't recognize Scarlett Johnson, by the way, I loved you in all the Marvel movies and lost in translation."

Tyson mumbles to himself after hearing the interaction  between the nurse and Scarlett the nurse points an opened room door labeled 017b "if you'll follow me it's right through there."

Scarlett followed the nurse until she arrived at room 017b. The nurse looks to the patient in the bed, who has a furrowed brow, and then back at Scarlett, saying, "Well, I'll leave you both alone."

"Please, no." y/n attempts to protest, but another contraction produces her voice to become quieter, causing the nurse to leave the room, leaving both women alone with each other.

Scarlett moves closer to y/n "y/n I-."

"I don't want to hear it. Where is Tyson?"

Scarlett's jaw and hands clench when she hears y/n inquire about Tyson's whereabouts.

"He was not allowed to enter."

"Why not?" y/n inquiries

"Because they only allow immediate family members, and he is not one of them."

"Well, neither are you, so what you're saying makes no sense."

Scarlett's voice raises "Stop with the games, y/n I know you're carrying my child.".

Y/n's eyes expand and mouth opens, but it immediately closes and flattens. "I have no idea what you're talking about?"

Scarlett can't take much more lying before her rage boils over: "BULLSHIT... you know exactly what I'm talking about, so stop lying because I heard you and Melissa in the cafe."

Y/n maintains a calm facial expression, body language, and voice "Well, I didn't think it was your concern."

Scarlett rushes over to y/n as she lies in bed towering over her, saying, "What do you mean it wasn't any of my concern? It's my child too for fuck sake... how could you not tell me?"

"You're kidding me right?" y/n says with a chuckle.

"How could I not tell you. I fucking tried to back at your penthouse but I didn't even get a chance to before you told me that you're leaving me so don't come here thinking I own you shit because I don't. You lost those rights the second you let me walk through the door," y/n said. 

Scarlett's face that once held anger slowly fallen into remorse as she slowly dropped her hand to touch y/n's face "Y/n look at me"

Y/n moved away from her touch. "I don't care; I just want Tyson here right now."

Y/n quickly presses the 'help' button beside her bed, and as she does so, a male nurse rushes in, concerned, "what's the matter, miss?"

Y/n points to Scarlett "Could you please escort her out, matter of fact I don't want her to come see me while I'm here and could you please bring the guy that I was with earlier he should be back in the hall."

"Sure, it's not a problem," says the male nurse.

As the nurse leads Scarlett out, she turns back to look at y/n, but she quickly turns around. As they walk, the nurse stops beside Tyson. "I believe the patient in room 017b would appreciate it if you came in."

Scarlett begins to leave the hospital as they both walk out the door, but the male nurse intervenes.

"Oh, and please don't come back or I will have to get the cops involved."

As he walks back into the hospital, he gives Scarlett one last look.

"FUCK." Scarlett screams in a deserted parking lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I know this a kinda of a short chapter and I also wanna apologize for not uploading last week but I've kind of been all over the place mentally and physically so theres that but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter fyi I do think this story is coming to an end as I said before I never planned for this book to be hours long so sadly theres that but my other book 'Extra Credit' will definitely way longer as it's going to be a slow burn so if you like my writing (even though it's shit) check it out as i'll be soon uploading more there but until then see ya in the next chapter :)

also have you guys seen the tiktok of Scarlett where she was like" I've seen the edits." well I pray to god she hasn't seen this book