Chapter 5

Y/N POV

It was the next morning and I got up after hearing my alarm to get ready for school, I wasn't excited after being away for so long but I had to get back. I strolled into the washroom and as I look up in the mirror I noticed my eyes were super red and swollen, I rinse off my face trying to get rid of as much of the swelling down as possible. The redness has faded but it's still a little puffy.

Remind me never to cry myself to sleep again

I throw on a pair of shades to cover up my eyes and head downstairs to eat some breakfast, I make myself a bowl of cereal and text Melissa.

Me: hey :)
Melissa: heyyyyy girl ☺️
Melissa: it's been so lonnnggg since you texted me
Me: it's only been a week but I just wanted to tell you I'm heading back to school today
Melissa: OMG FINALLY YOU NEED TO TELL ME ALL THE TEA
Me: alright see you soon
Melissa: see ya

I finish up the rest of my cereal and walk to school, by time I get to class I'm only 1 minute late. I spot Melissa already there so I go to sit beside her, as I'm heading to her the teacher tells me to remove my glasses. I slowly take them off and everyone is looking at me even the teacher is giving me a questioning look. "It's only allergies." I mutter. I sit with Melissa and everyone returns back to what they were doing.

Melissa turns to me.

"So tell me what happened this past week and does a certain Mrs. Johansson have anything to do with your eyes being puffy, cause if so I'll beat her up."

"It was stupid, we got into an argument and let's just say somethings were said that didn't need to be."

"Ok, good because you know she would probably beat my ass."

I laugh

All of a sudden everyone in the class starts murmuring, I look around to see that everyone is on their phones staring at me. Melissa is also looking at her phone "what's up?" Melissa looks up at me and hands me her phone. I look down at the phone and to my horror I see a picture of me and Scarlett. We're both on my doorstep and Scarlett is wearing a black cap and dark pair of shades.

This is the exact same day we had that fight

Everyone is pointing at me and whispering if that's me in that photo.

I absolutely hate being the centre of attention

I feel like the classroom is closing in around me and my classmates talking just seems like mumbled voices. It's getting a little too much I can feel my breathing escalating pretty quickly. I hear Melissa telling me to calm down but it's just too much, in that moment my legs have a mind of their own and I find myself running out the classroom. Once I reach outside I put my hands on my knees, trying to slow down my breathing. I hear car tires pull up in front of me but I'm still trying to steady my breathing to focus on that. As I'm looking at the floor I see a pair of heels enter my vision and that's when I feel a pair of hand rubbing my back. I look up to see Scarlett staring down at me.

"Let's go."
She guides me by my back lightly pushing me into her car. She buckles me in and heads to the driver seat, she drives off and turns to me.
"Are you alright."
"Y—yea I'm fine." I say lightly

In the corner of my eye I see Scarlet move her hand as if to put it on my thigh but she stops yourself half-way and withdrawals her hand.

"I'm sorry" she says
"What?"
"For the other night."
"Oh no, I'm the one that should be saying sorry I shouldn't have made that comment about your family because at the end of the day that's your family and I was wrong. "
I turn to look at her and I can see the corner of her lip smirking.

"Do you wanna come back home with me?"
I kinda of want to say yes but then I remembered what happened the last time we were together.
"I don't think that's a good idea."
"I can make you an apology dinner."

I do love free food

"Ok just dinner though."
"Of course."

As we pulled into the driveway and Scarlett parks the car and déjà vu hits me like a train, as this is the place where all of this mess occurred. We both walk inside and I as we do Scarlet walks straight into the kitchen I decide to sit on the couch and scroll through my phone. As I do I'm greeted with the picture that caused me to have a panic attack. I turn behind me to see that Scarlett is making pasta I get up from the couch and head towards her.

"Have you seen this."
"Mhm."

That's it?

"That's all you have to say."
"It's not a big deal it just looks like I'm spending time with a friend."

Oh a friend, yea I bet all friends have fucked each other

I decide to calm down though because she's right it does look like she's just out visiting a friend.
"Do you need help?"
"No, just relax and sit this is my treat."

I sit back down on the couch as I do I feel my eyelids slowly closing. Opening my eyes I'm greeted by Scarlett kneeling down beside me, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ears.
"Hey." She says softly
"How long was I asleep for? Is the food ready?"
"Don't worry you were only asleep for half an hour and I just finished up cooking."

I found myself looking at Scarlett's lips when she's talking.
"I was just gonna share us both a pla —."

I kissed her, I didn't even let her finish her sentence. As my lips are pressed to hers I noticed that she hasn't moved, I'm about to pull away but my head is pulled back into the kiss by Scarlett's hand. Our kiss starts to get heated as she pushing her tongue into my mouth and I give her entrance. She sits up and kneels on top of me still kissing me. I start to move my hand toward the front of her pants and squeeze lightly. As I do a moan escapes from Scarlett's mouth, we briefly break apart from the kiss and her eyes seem dark almost filled with lust. She pulls off my shirt trailing kisses down my neck as she's about to continue when both turn our heads to the door as we hear a car pull up into the driveway. We quickly get up from the couch.

"Hide now." She demands
I look around and run into the bathroom, closing the door I noticed that I left my shirt on the floor, I'm about to go out and get it when I hear Scarlett greet people.