Chapter 18

Y/N POV 

 I'm sitting on the couch watching TV, cuddling up to the body next to me as I look up and grin at them, and they return my smile.

"What? Is it because the movie isn't that great or that I'm just so attractive?"

"You're so stupid Tyson," I punch them in the arm.

Since I found out I was pregnant, a lot has transpired. First, I'm having a boy, and second, Tyson and I started dating. Tyson has been by my side since I found out I was pregnant, and if I'm being honest, having him here has helped me a lot. It's been 9 months since I last saw Scarlett, and at first I was in a dark place where I would stay at home, not eat, and cry, not really caring to get up and live life, but Tyson was there to pull me out of that darkness, pushing me to try for not only myself but also for my baby, and Melissa was there as well. I honestly don't know what I would do without them both .

3 months ago 

I was washing the dishes when a knock came to the door, I quickly dried off my hands and moved cautiously to the door; walking 6 months pregnant was still an adjustment. I opened the door to discover a smiling Tyson.

"What? It's a little creepy that you're smiling like that."

"It's time for our walk," he joked.

Since I was around 2 months pregnant, Tyson has taken me on walks, explaining that "being active is beneficial for both you and the baby," so we've go on walks once a week, with Melissa occasionally joining us.

"Ok, I'll just change my clothes," I said.

I was dressed in an outdated home nightgown. I wore it to the point that the bottom of the dress had minor tears.

"Yea, it's really windy out there," he said, looking me over. "You don't want your dress flying up," he laughed.

"You're not funny," I said, glaring at him. As I proceeded up the stairs to my room

He yelled after me, "hurry up!"

I went through my closet and changed into maternity leggings and a windbreaker. When I returned downstairs, Tyson extended his hand, and I gazed at it before returning my gaze to him.

"May I?" he inquired, motioning for me to take his hand in mine, which I did.

We had been strolling for about 10 minutes when I became aware that we were not on our regular path.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"You'll see," he smirked as he turned his head to me.

We continued walking for another ten minutes till we reached an open field in the middle of nowhere, where I noticed blankets and food put out on the grass before heading toward the picnic. Tyson drew me back, spun me around so I was facing him, and took my hands in his. He then got down on one knee, and I scrunched my brows, perplexed.

"Can you tell me what you're doing?"

I hope to God he isn't about to ask me to marry him because the answer would be no. I men we weren't even dating. One of his hands left go of mine and he reached into his pocket, pulling out a small black box.

"Y/n I just want you to know that spending these few months with you has made my life so much better, and even if that baby isn't mine, I want to be a part of his life as well as yours, if you'll let me."