"Trust me Ayat, no matter how far we go as a society you're still a woman who's alone with a child who's a girl. You know better than me how men like İbrahim take advantage of that. You'll only be living under my roof, with rights to the security I have to offer, Mihrimah will have a safe home where she won't have to worry about someone breaking in." He explained making her stare into his eyes that held nothing but sincerity in them.

"Zaviyar, we aren't your responsibility—" she was silenced as the man smiled and Ayat felt her heart fluttering in her chest, that smile caused a chemical malfunction in her brain for a second making her blink rapidly and focus on his words more.

"You're not until I don't want you to. Mihrimah may be your daughter Ayat but when I'm with her it feels like she's my very own, trust me when I say that I'll keep my word and protect you both without violating your privacy. Just like a partnership you have to sign these papers and let me handle all of this" he whispered, making Ayat gulp at the way his eyes dilated and his hold tightened on her hands that he had taken in his hold while talking.

"I..." She couldn't think, she couldn't possibly think of what to say. If she refuses then where will she go, how will she go? He'll find her again and torment her again.

"Take your time. The faster we're done with this the better. Think about it" he left with a soft hum and an assuring nod of his head.

Her conscience was silenced and her head started throbbing again as she thought hard on this matter. Her mind was slipping back to how fast everything was going, one moment she was an employee in his company, the next she was sort of his friend, he's the cousin of her friend's fiancé and now he's asking her to marry him.

You're a woman with a child that too a girl.

No matter how far we go, society won't help you for long.

His words were echoing in her mind making it hard for her to stay focused when Nuha entered the room. Her footsteps were soft and barely noticeable against the tiles of the room and her gaze was concerned.

The woman on the bed barely looked like herself, her wide eyes were hooded from sleep and sunken in. Her cheeks had seemingly lost the flesh and the rosy tint of her skin had ashen.

"Ayat" she whispered, making Ayat smile at her and usher her close with her hand.

"Nuha" she replied softly as Nuha sat before her and Ayat leaned her head on her shoulder.

"What should I do Nuha?" She asked Nuha to run a hand on her back.

"What do you think you should do?" Nuha asked, feeling her own heart race at the idea of Ayat ever trusting a man.

"I don't know" Ayat whispered with a gloom in her voice.

"What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the question?" Nuha asked, staring at the empty bed beside Ayat's.

The emergency room was fairly empty and Nuha was glad that it was, who wanted to be in the hospital anyways.

Ayat thought hard.

Her mind came back blank. She wanted to run away, to take her daughter somewhere far away but how far could she go. She found herself running again with a 13 month old Mihrimah in her arms, running through the same nightmare again where someone was chasing her and she couldn't seem to get out of their sight.

A tear slipped from her eye as the panic started setting in, how had she put herself in this situation again. How pathetic was she exactly to not see the gravity of the situation. It was all her fault.

"Ayat" Nuha shook her speaking a little louder this time feeling her shake beside her.

"Nothing " Ayat said, pulling away "nothing comes to my mind. I want to take the offer but why?" She asked, making Nuha smile softly at her.