CHAPTER 16

★──────────★─────────★

When we got to the party, I had to park a little farther down from Joshua's house because of how many people were there.

There was no way anyone's parents would let their kid throw a party this big. His parents had to have been out of town.

As Mel and I walked up to the house, I could see a bunch of people dancing on the yard and many more who were actually inside of the house. I could also hear loud music coming from inside of the house.

''Hey,'' I turned when I felt Mel shake my shoulder slightly.

''Hmm?''

''You seem worried, are you okay?'' She asked me.

''Yeah, I'm okay.'' I responded- which was a half-truth. I wasn't really worried about the party, I was worried about what could happen at the party.

There's no way that there wouldn't be a noise complaint about the music and people all over the house and other people's yards. I don't drink much, so I don't know how I'll get around people trying to hand me cups and things. I also had no idea where Christian was and I don't know many people at the party and-

''Cora!'' I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone yell out my name.

It was Elias.

''Hey Cora! Over here!'' He was waving wildly, so that I would be able to see him. As Mel and I walked over I realized that There seemed to be other people at the party, meaning older people. Like, people who have graduated already. I knew because I saw the old cheer captain amongst the people dancing on the front lawn of the Chancee residence.

''Carina!'' I smiled. ''Hey!''

''Hey Cor!'' She smiled back, ''I heard that you're one of the captains for cheer now!

''Yeah!'' I responded, ''I can't wait for games and stuff! What are you doing here?'' I asked her.

''I always come to the first party of the year!'' She told me.

''Oh, that makes sense but I didn't think that so many people who had graduated already would be here.'' I had never been to a high school party before, so I didn't really know what to expect.

''Yeah, normally everyone who graduated up to three years prior get invited.''

''Ohh okay.''

''You talk a lot Cora.'' I heard someone say from behind me as they wrapped their arms around my waist.

''And you love to be in my business.'' I said as I turned to face him.

''I am your business sweetheart.'' Christia smiled.

''Aww, are you two dating?'' Carina asked us.

''Technically no.'' Christian responded as I narrowed my eyes at him. ''Because this one here wants me to officially ask her.'' He said, pulling me into his chest.

He smelled really good.

''You should ask her officially.'' Carina said while crossing her arms. ''It doesnt count if you don't''

''That's what I'm saying!''

''Yeah yeah whatever.'' He said as he squeezed me as tight as he could. '''I'll ask her soon.''

''Soon?'' I choked out. ''Why not now?''

''Because now wouldn't be special.'' He said as he kissed me on the cheek obnoxiously.

''Ewww.'' I pulled away from him and said goodbye to Carina as I went to go look to see where Amelia had gone.

''Where are you going?'' Christian asked me as he caught up.