CHAPTER 7

Sorry for the long wait! My schools basketball team made CIF state level so we've been having soo many games and I barely had time to write.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!

-Des

★──────────★─────────★

''You know Chance came and asked me the other day why he wasn't asked to be Quarterback this year.''

''He did? What did you tell him?'' I asked.

''I told him that he would find out soon enough. Are you ready?'' Coach Bryant asked me.

''I'm ready to play, I'm not so sure about the backlash I'm about to get from everyone who wanted the spot.''

"You'll be fine. Let's go."

"Alright then." I grabbed my helmet and headed out of the locker room.

"You're fucking joking right?" Chance yelled angrily, followed by the rest of the team starting to yell angrily in protest.

All I could do was stand there and look at my feet. I knew I would get this kind of reaction, but I didn't think it would be this severe.

This season is definitely gonna be hard.

"This is a joke. It has to be." One of the other guys yelled.

"Yeah, the position of quarterback should go to someone who deserves it, not some junior who has another whole season left ahead of him.''

''Yeah, he has a while other season coach!''

''This isn't fair bro!''

''All of you, be quiet! Now!'' He yelled, causing even me to jump up. ''None of you have any say in who gets picked. I do! And guess what? News flash, I chose Valentino for the job.''

''But how does that make any sense?''

''ANy of you interrupt me again, then you're off of the team.'' He told them.

I honestly don't think that coach would stand up for me like this. I kinda thought he would just say deal with it and be on your way. All I could do in the moment was stare at my feet. I only looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to see that it was Kai.  ''Don't worry, I'm all for you being quarterback.' He whispered, causing me to chuckle a little.

''I make the decisions around here. I decide who plays, I decide what team everyone is on I decide who goes on the bench, I decide who is on the team in general, and I fucking decide who gets to be quarterback!''

None of us had ever seen coach Bryant this mad before—well I sure haven't. He was red in the face and everything. It was kinda funny to see the scared faces on the people who were praying on my downfall. I was very glad I wasn't the one getting yelled at.

''I am so disappointed in you all. You know Christian was worried you would react similarly to this, but never would I have thought I would whiteness such disgusting behavior in my players. I'm assuming since you all hate my decisions, then you don't want to be on my team right?''

A lot of quiet 'no's were heard.

It was easy to tell who cared about me being quarterback and who didn't because the people who cared were standing in a group off to the side while the boys who didnt care were standing quietly on the other side.

''I hope that you know that every single one of you is replaceable. I have boys who would kill to be in your spot right now so if you don't wanna be here then you can leave now. Turn in your jersey and go.'' He stood with his arms crossed.