CHAPTER 2

Don't forget to come and comment!
I hope you enjoy this chapter <3

-Des

★──────────★─────────★

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned before turning it off and rolling out of my bed.

It was the first day of school.

I rubbed my eyes, feeling exhausted. I had been extremely stressed since the talk I had with my father two days ago.

''We have matters that need to be discussed Christian.'' He told me.

I looked to my mother hoping she would give me some kind of hint whether the news was good or not. When she didn't look at me I immediately knew what the 'important matter was'

''What is it then?'' I asked him.

''Well.'' I watched as he leant back in his chair and turned to face me. ''It's about time you started boxing- about time for you to become a man.''

I stood there in silence. 

In the Valentino family every male in the family had to prove to everyone else that they were a 'true man'. The only way that would be accomplished would be if said male were to participate and exceed in boxing-

Not just any boxing, but underground illegal boxing.

The most dangerous kind of boxing. Once you get involved in that kind of stuff, it's very hard to get out. Underground boxing wasn't only dangerous because of the fact that there was hardly any gear being used, but because of the kind of people involved.

Underground boxing is what large boxing companies and clubs use to scout their next boxing star. It's something that only large boxing companies and clubs know about really. Those underground rings were where anyone could go in hopes to get scouted.

That's exactly how my father was scouted. It's also how my fathers career ended. Hendrix thought of him as a threat and made sure one of his underground boxing referees, also known as a UBR, was going to monitor the game and took that advantage to hurt my father so badly that he couldn't box anymore.

He suffered memory loss and a really bad concussion. Too much movement in his body causes him to pass out. I know he takes medicine for it and still trains to stay in shape, but he'll never be the same after taking a hit that bad.

I didn't have a bad relationship with my father, but there was a lot we don't agree on. We started to drift apart from each other when I told him I wanted to wait to start boxing at age 12. My brother Elias was 13 at the time and immediately agreed to boxing. They traveled a lot together for a few years, but Elias was old enough to travel on his own, so my father came home for a while, but still traveled a little to be with Elias for big matches. However, if there's one thing we agree on, it's that the Hendrix family needs to be taken down.

''Well? What do you say?''

''Okay'' I breathed out. ''I'll do it.''

''Great! We'll discuss details tomorrow.''

I immediately headed for my room. I suddenly felt stressed.

I should've started young like Elias did, I thought to myself.

Alexander Hendrix II was a talented boxer. I have no idea how he was allowed to box after what his father did because I know for a fact that he fights just as dirty as his father.