25 (Settling in Sindra - New Home

Magsimula sa umpisa

What aide they could and couldn't give seemed arbitrary to Sinbad, but the Alliance required understanding and acceptance to survive and strengthen. Sometimes negotiating with Sassan was the easiest, and sometimes it was the hardest of all of the countries in the Seven Seas Alliance. All of their religious doctrines meant that there was that much more Sinbad had to keep in mind when suggesting anything. At the same time, those same views said that all Dungeon Capturers were specially chosen by God, and Sinbad had captured 7; they obviously held him in high regard.

If he didn't know better, Sinbad would have thought that the waves were actively encouraging them to drag this out. No, they were intentionally wearing him down; the only question was what were they after? What request did they have that they thought Sinbad would have to be mentally drained to agree to?

~POV Mori~
Thinking about making a new Fate scroll reminded me that I thought I saw a hint to the taboo knowledge in the First Fate scroll. Rereading it, I found I had mentioned how Yunan could remember all 9 of his lives, how the Magi were driven to choose Kings by the roll given to their Rukh, and how all of the Kings he chose had tragic ends. None of it directly gave away anything about the Alma Taron stuff, but if Sinbad read about Rukh being given rolls, he'd never believe what I said about free will. I took my ink knife and carefully scraped off that section, before rewriting it in a way that covered up the mistake area and avoided mentioning the Rukh. You could tell that something else had been there once, but the creases from the original text were not deep or consistent enough for someone to read past the new text written on top.

I'd have to be more careful going forward.

I continued the 2nd Fate scroll while I was thinking about it. I had managed to write down everything up until Sinbad leaves Riem to go to Sassan the last time I worked on this. It became a bit scribbly towards the end from how fast I was writing, but I thought it was legible enough. I had only drawn one picture -Harun and Sinbad talking in the pub. I'd illustrate the next parts more.

~POV Sinbad~
The stand still in the meeting broke when one of the delegates brought up something unexpected. "We heard that you found a Prophet in Balbadd."

This was why they were being difficult -they wanted access to the Prophet. Sinbad had already been planning how to use Mori's knowledge as bargaining chips with other nations. She clearly knew when to hold her tongue, but he still needed time to talk to her about how much she could say to help other countries. She was *his* Prophet after all.

It seemed like the King's Generals hadn't shared the contents of Mori's visions with the delegates from their home countries -they were proving their loyalty to him yet again. If the various delegations had learned about the 2 Calamities there would be no way they wouldn't have confronted him about it directly. Instead, the people from Sassan were using news of a personal tragedy to confirm Mori's existence.

"It's true." There was no reason for Sinbad to deny it. It was only a week until her official announcement anyway. "And I can vouch for the legitimacy of her visions."

They talked amongst themselves, and then one asked, "Would we be able to speak to the Prophet? If she has truly been blessed by God then we would like to learn what she has seen in her visions. I'm sure that sharing this blessing with us would negate any other issues."

There it was.

Sinbad gave his answer with a smile. "I plan on formally introducing her to everyone soon. I can make sure you'll be the first to be able to speak to her."

With that positive answer they were far more amicable during the rest of the negotiations.

~POV Mori~
This was definitely some kind of self indulgent fanfiction because how else had I gotten an entire scroll written and drawn by the time I finished lunch? I had finished all of the Sassan and Artemyra arcs. This was the true definition of wish fulfillment.