9- I Promise- D1

Please Read!!!
——————————————————————————————
Okay so in the first movie I'm making them almost 13 so it's not so weird yk... which means they would currently be in 7th Grade
——————————————————————————————

Today was the day. We were playing the Hawks for the league championship. I couldn't tell if I was nervous or excited. We haven't played the Hawks, well, since Adam and I had to switch.

I check my laces one last time before stepping on the ice. Everyone else had their hockey sticks and were ready to warm up. I grabbed mine and got in line.

After we were done warming up, we were supposed to stand and listen to the National Anthem being sung. The whole time, the Ducks and the Hawks were glaring at each other. Well, more like McGill and Larson were glaring at Adam and me.

I stared at them for a second, but decided not to waste time and mental energy. Pardon my French, but we'll just have to kick their asses on the ice.

The game started off as usual. The loud crowd buzzing with excitement, only this time, it seemed to be ten times louder. I started out as a wing forward, with Adam to my left taking the face off and Jesse on the other side of him. Unfortunately,  I had Larson matching my position for the Hawks, McGill taking the face off.

"I'm sorry Ava."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Wha-"

Faster than the words can come out of my mouth, I'm shoved to the ground and I see both McGill and Larson shove Adam as well. I felt a pulsing pain going through my left knee. Stupid jump.

I hurry to get up and chase after the puck.

The first period is wild. I can't hear a word anyone's saying between the crowd and the constant hits. The only thing I can process is the fact that the score ended up being 3-0 Hawks at the end of the first period.

"They're bigger than us. You guys have to be smart out there." Bombay says, "Don't be scared of them. Play proud. Let's fly!"

"Yeah" everyone yells.

Coach has me sit a little bit more during the second period. He must have caught on to my knee pain because every time I would stand to cheer, he would give me a look that my mom gives me when I try to steal another cookie after desert.

Once he finally puts me back in, Adam and I start working together. More passes, dividing the hits between each other.

I dribbled the puck from side to side, looking ahead to Adam. I pass the puck to him and he receives it just before I'm knocked over.

I look up and see him skating fast over to the other goal. Not only do I see him, I see McGill skating awfully close to him. McGill shoves Adam over into one of the posts. I hear the buzzer going off, but Adam isn't getting up.

I quickly skate over to them and Larson is on the ground trying to wake him up, "Adam, Adam wake up."

"What did he do?" I asked with rage in my voice.

Larson looks up at me, "It was Riley. He said to."

I turn around to the Hawks bench, "Boy I outta-"