6- Winner-D1

A few days go by and we go to the rink every other day for practice. Adam and I carpool, like usual, but this time our parents switch on and off.

I don't know if I've ever said this, but our parents are best friends. Our dads met in law school and our moms have been best friends forever.

They don't mind switching on and off. My parents travel more frequently so it's easy to just drop me off with them.

The game against the Cardinals was amazing. I played good, Adam played good, and just everyone in general. We kept a good momentum and even Goldie had a good game.

Now, everyone's spraying coke all over and we're celebrating our win to the state finals. Adam and I are jumping up and down cheering with everyone.

Coaches driver dumps ice all over coach Bombay and I just happen to be standing next to him. Now I'm soaked with coke and ice water.

But everyone's too happy to mind.

We end up showering and I ride home with my parents and Adam with his.

The moment we get home my parents start talking about some random private school called Vista Point in California.

"But mom, what about my friends here? What about hockey? I can't leave my team." I say

My parents look at each other and my dad speaks up, "We knew you'd say this. Vista has a great hockey program that we know you'll do well in.  It's only for a year. It's important that you get good schooling while you're still young."

My face turns in a scowl, "My whole life here will be forgotten in a year dad."

I run up the stairs away from the conversation. I don't understand why it's such a big deal to go to a good school when I'm young. Everyone gets taught the same stuff. I don't need a fancy school to be successful when I grow up.

I hadn't realized it, but tears were streaming down my face. I shut my door and plopped down on my bed. I hear a gently knock on the door. I don't say anything, but I hear the door creak open.

I had a feeling it was my mom "Honey, I get it. Moving to a school 2,000 miles away can be scary, but think of the friends you'll make. Their hockey program is known around the whole country. It was very hard to get you in."

"Mom, I cant leave Adam. I don't care about hockey or school, I'm not leaving my best friend."

Her head drops as she makes her way over to my bed and sits on the edge, "If he's that good of a friend then he'll be here waiting for you when you get back. Ava, were only doing this for you. I don't want to ship my daughter off to some school, but if it will benefit you then I'll do it."

She picks up my hand and squeezes it, "We only want the best for our girl, Ava Rose"

She then leaves the room and I start crying harder. None of this made sense. I don't understand how they could do this to me.

A few more days pass and I'm tired and sick to my stomach about the whole school thing. School was a nightmare.

I overheard my parents talking about a summer hockey program that I would leave for as soon as school is over with.  They really just rubbed a pile of salt in the fresh wound.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

Heyeyeyeyeey!!!! Sorry for the short chapter!

With love- M