❀ Chapter 3 - A Ghastly Reunion ⚖︎

Yanfei's POV

It was Hu Tao.

The mysterious voice... That was near the place of murder...

Was Hu Tao...?

N-no.... She couldn't— SHE WOULDN'T MURDER A CHILD! W-would she...?

But the clues point to her...

Urgh... I-I don't know anymore—

"Hellooo? Earth to YanYaan?"

"How can you say that with such a cheerful voice?! It's been 3 years Hu Tao!" I said angered, and annoyed.

"Awe... Not gonna use the nickname we gave each other-? Aiya, shame... Oh well."

...How can she stay so cheerful after all these years..? Does she even care?! *sigh* Probably not...

"It's nice to see you again YanYan~! How have ya been? I mean- probably not good since I became a criminal and all—"

"HOW CAN YOU STAY SO HAPPY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS?! I-I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF YOU EVEN CARED ABOUT MY FEELINGS AFTER YOU LEFT!" I said, with tears streaming down my face.

Hu Tao just stood there. With that— stupid shocked impression. She then sighed, so... I guess she's going to explain now.

"...Of course I cared Yanfei."

She stopped using the nickname... Wait- why do I care? Whatever.

"I was... Too scared to face you after that. So I just... Ran away. I guess you could say that... I was being weak, huh? Heh, your still the same after all these years, Yanfei..."

Right after that statement, tears were forming in her eyes. Archons... I feel bad. I know I shouldn't but— *sigh* Nevermind... But still... How can she giggle in a situation like this...? I guess... That's a part I've always liked about her. But it's still messed up.

"Hu Tao— you weren't being weak! I was... Just confused..."

"Confused about what-?"

"Confused about... Why you didn't trust me to hide your secret. I mean- I was still shook about the situation but- I could've helped you!"

"Helped-? How the hell were you gonna help me with— *sigh* Aiya, whatever. Logic never played a part in this anyways..."

...I... I didn't know how I was gonna help. But... I wanted to ask Hu Tao something. But will she even answer-? Whatever, I'll ask anyway—

"Your wondering if I killed that Qiqi girl, aren't you?"

...What the- did she just read my mind-?!

"How did you—"

"Heh, it's a secret, Yanfei. Anyhoo, to answer your question, I didn't murder her. I don't murder children, I'm not a heartless monster! Some other murderer did it."

...Thank god... She didn't murder Qiqi. But- how did she know her name-? *sigh* Whatever... I don't wanna know. But I am curious... Why did she murder someone back then...? I'll just ask—

"Are you wondering why I killed someone before?"

...She did it again! Archons, what am I gonna do with her...

"...What kind of witch craft magic do you have to read my mind?!"

"Oh! Wrong! It's not witch craft."

She then went closer to me and whispered.

"Let's just say that... I have a guest inside my soul right now, YanYan~..."

Right after that statement, I stepped back. What-? Guest-?! What- how- when?! Is she being controlled?! Am I even talking to Hu Tao right now-?! Archons, my brain is starting to hurt...