2. ~ Learning

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

After last night, we exchanged numbers and almost got caught from security who was looking for the teens who caused some disruption during the night. Garrett told them that he saw them go to the very top of the cruise and they listened.

I woke up with sore feet and arms and I'm currently sitting outside on the balcony, looking over people and it's almost noon. My phone vibrates with a call and I turn it over to see Rylee's contact.

"Hello?" I pick up.

"Aria, hey!" I hear Rylee's cheery voice through the phone.

"Hey, Rylee, what's up?"

I hear rustling on the other side of the phone and she says something to someone.

"Sorry, I'm outside at the buffet with the guys we met last night. You willing to come down and hang out?"

I think for a moment. Socialize or stay in? A month ago I would've said to stay in. Now? These people can be my friends, I said that they make me feel safe and they're easy to talk to.

I grab my converse and slid on my white button up over my blue swim top. My plan is to swim after hanging out so I pull on my jean shorts to cover my bottoms. "Yeah, I'll be down in a minute. Do you wanna swim later, I'll be going."

"Yeah of course! I'm already in my swim outfit."

"Perfect, I'll be down!"

I step out to the hallway and locked the room. My parents and brother are doing something together at the cruise theatre so I'm just by myself all day. I say hello to some people and the buffet looks crowded and tons of people. I feel like my high-school self again, scared and afraid to socialize.

My eyes immediately go to the table with a guy on a chair waving his arms frantically and I laugh as Garrett almost topples over onto the table. I walk over and Rylee greets me with a hug. She's wearing a small white cardigan with a pink tye dye swim top and a white tennis skirt.

Garrett fixes his hair and is wearing a white tank top and probably black shorts. Shawn and Kai are kind of matching with the black tank top, but Kai has more rings on and a necklace of a bird.

Kai's eyes immediately go to me and I freeze, staring right back. He quirks an eyebrow at me and pokes his cheek with his tongue with laughter and I look away.

"We were just going to get to know each other," Rylee begins and I sip on the lemonade she got me just now.

"I'll go first," Garrett says, clearing his throat. Everyone stays silent as he begins.

"I've been going on this ship for like, ten years now. My parents favor my older brother more than me because he's currently doing really good in law school right now. I barely graduated high-school, my grades sucked ass but I somehow got them up by then. My older brother is also cocky as shit,"