13 | 'i believe in you'

Start from the beginning

Turning back to face the phone in her grip, her finger trembled slightly as she brought herself to press the stop button of her alarm. The light of the phone screen which once illuminated her face faded away as well as the beeping stopped as she let out a sigh with her mind convincing herself that it was for the best. Not going to school gave her both a sense of solemn and relief. Despite feeling bad about her attempt to run away from her problems, she doubted that her friends wanted to see her face, anyway.

The raven haired girl went back in front of her dressing table as she bended her knees to kneel down on the hardwood floor so she could pick up the comb which she accidentally dropped earlier due to being startled by her alarm. The comb stayed in her loose grasp as although her midnight shaded eyes were locked onto the sight of the floor, it was more clear that she was staring into space as thoughts flooded her mind.

'It's obvious they hate you.'

'They don't need you.'

'You're selfish for leaving them like that.'

'You don't deserve friends.'

'You don't deserve happiness.'

'...'

'You don't even deserve a life.'

She jolted up from the floor as soon as she could and clasped her hands to cover her mouth out of fear from what she was telling herself as she tried her best to calm herself down with shaky inhales and exhales leaving her lips. Taking a moment to regain her composure, she slowly moved her hands from her mouth and looked at her reflection in the mirror of the dressing table. The raven haired girl noticed that a glistening tear had rolled out of her eye. Momo didn't know she had been crying.

Raising her finger to wipe the singular tear away, another silent tear poured out from her other eye. Before she knew it, she devolved into a sobbing mess once again. Slamming her hands gently onto the tabletop, she tried to think of a way to stop herself from crying. She needed something. Anything. She needed to stop crying, she couldn't be stuck like this forever.

"Please... smile, for me?"

Momo recalled her dual haired friend's words from a while ago. The simple yet heartwarming words seemed to soothe her nerves. Tears stopped streaming down her cheeks and the girl smiled weakly to herself as she wiped them away. Shoto always had a way to make her feel better. She had no idea how he did it, but he did, and it made her feel great every single time.

She somehow began to start thinking about his face, his features, everything she could remember from his appearance from start to finish. She had no idea why she was doing so, but she was feeling better doing it for the time being, and so she didn't bring herself to stop.

His evenly split dual colored hair that was slightly outgrown. His heterochromatic eyes; one being an icy shade of turquoise and the other a stormy gray, that always looked at her like he was the happiest being on planet Earth(Momo could only wonder why he was so ecstatic when she was near him). His high cheekbones that he hid with his hand every time he blushed from embarrassment down to his quite literally perfect V-line. His scar on the left side of his face along with small bruises and bandages on his face and wrists, those of which were a result from fighting with other students.

It was a shame she wasn't allowed to have him- as a friend, of course.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ 

Shoto roamed around the school halls in search for a particular person with the crowd making him just barely able to see where he was heading as he pushed students out of his way. It was lunch time, which explained the crowd of students that had formed as they rushed to get to the cafeteria to fill their stomachs with whatever food was left.