The Animagus Plot

Start from the beginning

'Muggle Studies and Study of Ancient runes,' Neve revealed with a small and excited smile.

Teresa deflated, letting out a long breath. 'Oh my god, that's so boring,' she muttered. Neve looked sadly down at her feet. 'Fine,' Teresa sighed. 'I'll take Muggle Studies. I hear the professor who teaches it is a laugh and that it's an easy pass. Plus, I'm muggle-born, so the homework should be a breeze.'

'Oh, thank you, Teresa!' Neve exclaimed happily.

Teresa couldn't help but smile. 'We share all our other subjects, you know?'

'I know...' Neve murmured.

'Done!' Itsuki chimed. 'Thaumathletics and Study of Ancient Runes!'

'You too?' Teresa wrinkled her nose. 'Study of Ancient Runes is so dull. You're both mad.'

'History is never dull,' Itsuki argued. 'Weren't you listening when Professor Binns explained about the war of the pointy hats? Or the great cheese wheel chase of 1662?'

'I was too busy trying not to fall asleep,' Teresa explained with a yawn. Neve and Jon couldn't help giggling. Bagsy found her sympathies lay with Teresa – History of Magic was very boring and Study of Ancient runes sounded even worse.

Itsuki pouted at them all.

'Thaumathletics sounds fun, though,' Teresa added hastily.

'It will be,' Itsuki affirmed, filling out his own form.

Jon nodded. 'Yeah. I'm taking it too.'

'Thaumathletics is basically P.E.,' Teresa reasoned. The others looked at Teresa quizzically. Bagsy had no clue what P.E. was. Teresa rolled her eyes. 'Maybe all of you should take Muggle Studies. P.E. stands for physical education. It's sport.'

'But how do muggles do sport without magic?' Jon tilted his head in confusion.

'They still have bodies, don't they?' Teresa snapped.

Jon held his hands up in surrender, leaving the topic there. 'Whatever. I'm also taking Divination. What about you, Bagsy? Or am I the only one here who fancies seeing into the future.' Jon wriggled his fingers mysteriously, making mad eyes at each of them.

After a short spurt of giggling the group went quiet and looked at Bagsy.

'Um...' Bagsy stuttered, looking down at her hands.

'I don't think she's decided yet,' Neve explained gently to the others. 'Here,' she added, handing Bagsy the scrap of paper with the electives. 'We've finished with the paper anyways.'

'Thanks,' Bagsy breathed gratefully, standing up. 'I think I'm going to head to breakfast and think it over.' With a final glance at the notice board, proclaiming the time of Quidditch try-outs that year, and that third years had until 10pm on Sunday to choose their electives, Bagsy swiftly left the Hufflepuff dormitory.

Mezrielda was brazenly sitting at the Hufflepuff table, glaring at the confused and indignant faces of the Hufflepuffs whilst she confidently snacked on the table's toast and jam. She hadn't even waited for Bagsy to arrive. Evidently, she was perfectly happy claiming a seat at the Hufflepuff table regardless of whether her Hufflepuff friend was present or not.

Bagsy sat down next to her, letting out a sigh of relief.

'Are you ready to talk?' Mezrielda asked, grabbing a plate on her other side for Bagsy to use and offering her some croissants, who gratefully took one.

'Yes please,' Bagsy said. 'I have no idea what electives I'm going to choose.'

Mezrielda let out a mirthful laugh. 'You've already forgotten, haven't you?'