Epilogue

The trip to Amsterdam was one of the best times of Shiloh and Peter's lives

The trip to Amsterdam was one of the best times of Shiloh and Peter's lives. For the first time since becoming Spider-Man, not a single villain showed up on this trip. Instead, him and Shiloh got to go to the museum in peace and he watched her become so enthralled with every single painting she witnessed and he fell that much more in love with her with every painting. She found love in the art while he found more love in her.

They went to Body Worlds, the NEMO museum, and took tours around the city. Something about the whole trip brought them closer together and neither of them wanted to leave and go back home. But, Peter promised he'd bring her back, when he won't need Harley's help. And Shiloh vowed to take him wherever he wanted next, as a thank you.

Now, it's July and they've been back home for three months, going into a routine. Peter has been enjoying his job at the Daily Bugle and is thrilled to be back being Spider-Man. He's back to saving people, and promising to take a break if he ever needs it again. Shiloh has actually been learning some of the ins and outs of Stark Industries. She's still very intent that she won't be taking it over, Harley can absolutely have the company, but she still wants to be a part of that and that means she has to learn at least something. So, she packs up almost every morning and goes with Harley and Pepper. She's gotten back into coaching which started earlier in the month. Life feels good for the both of them and they're ready to move on to something bigger and better.

Shiloh is standing in her room, looking around in athletic shorts and one of Peter's shirts. A soft and sad smile holds her lips. Memories were made in this room, so many memories. Late-night study sessions where all of her friends were still alive and happy. Shiloh remembers all of the laughter, spilled snacks, the games of "Never Have I Ever" being played for more than actually studying. The walls, she's sure, still hold their laughter like her memory. And she remembers movie nights with just Harley and he throwing popcorn at him until he stopped quoting Interstellar for the millionth time. Her first night with Peter plays back like an old film.

The night he came to her window, all of the nights he'd come to her window through high school, bloody and bruised usually, apologizing profusely but asking if she'd help him so May or MJ didn't worry. And she always helped, she even started keeping a first aid kit in herr room because of him. And Shiloh remembers the time, the Star Wars movies after everything had happened, fixing the prosthetic leg, giving him his camera. Every memory floods black like a flooded dam.

The walls have heard and seen so many things and now that's it. The walls hold those memories in like a padlock, sealing away with no one there to make more memories, none of her and her friends anyway. It's a bit bittersweet but she knows, if she wants to be closer to the memories, she can always come back. So, she bends down, and picks up the last cardboard box before turning around towards the door.

"Need any help?" Peter asks, voice as cheery as ever as he hangs upside down from Shiloh's door, scaring her and getting a good yell out her.

"Damn it, Peter!" She yells, Peter laughing and nearly slipping while still upside down. "You scared the shit out of me!" Shiloh's heart is racing in her chest but she's laughing with Peter. "Why are you on the ceiling?"