Chapter 19 -Bated Breath

A/n: Yes, there are very direct references to some poems and the comics. It was done on purpose lol

When the next day comes around, Peter goes with Happy and Harley to Tony's recommend tailor shop

When the next day comes around, Peter goes with Happy and Harley to Tony's recommend tailor shop. That was a little weird at first. Just going in and buying a suit with not his own money. It was a little weird but with Harley and Happy, it turned into a great time. They made it seem not so awkward and were good at making jokes and critiquing the suits. It was just another thing that fell back into the sense of normal for Peter. And the days just kept going by after that.

Peter heard from the Daily Bugle who were glad to welcome him onto the team and said he would start after the new year. Shiloh made him a small dinner as a congratulations. Unlike Tony, she isn't a terrible cook. And from there, they just went on being them. They would watch TV or a movie here and there. Peter would go with her to treatments and they'd just catch up, mostly Shiloh catching Peter up on more stuff he'd missed while being away. Shiloh went to FEAST with Peter one day and everything just seems to have fallen back into place. Before either of them knew it, it was New Year's Eve and the night of Gala for Stark Industries.

"Wow, look who cleans up well." Harley teases as he knocks lightly on Shiloh's open door, him leaning on the door frame.

"Shut up." Shiloh groans, rolling her eyes as she looks away from her mirror and back to him.

"Nervous?" He asks walking into her room while she looks back to her mirror to finish her makeup.

"Why would I be nervous, Harley?" Shiloh quips.

Why would she be nervous? It could definitely have something to do with this being her first official date with the boy who's made her nervous for a decade. It could be that this could all go south either between them or a villain will show up and ruin everything. It's not like that hasn't happened before. The Vulture did ruin Peter's first Homecoming dance. But is she nervous? Actually yes. But she'll be dammed if she tells Harley that.

"First official date with Peter." Harley has a sinister grin as he sits on her bed.

"Yeah, but it's Peter." Shiloh says with ease, moving onto her eyeliner.

That's the thing though. Above every nervous and creeping dark thought, it's Peter. Shiloh isn't a naturally nervous person but prior to every other date she's had, there have always been nerves. But this time, it is different. She isn't nervous for how the date will go because she knows Peter. She is only nervous about the outside factors that could blow this whole thing up. More than anything, she's just happy.

"No reason." Harley chuckles.

"What do you want?" Shiloh spins around in her chair, narrowing her eyes at him, eyeliner pen in hand.

Harley shakes his head. "Nothing." He gives her a kind smile. "Just checking on you."

"Mhm." Her eyes remain narrowed as she taps the pen on her opposite hand.